Saw My 1st Transplant In The Wild Today

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I finally got my trilogy together:
1) Saw SMP up close in a super crowded metro 2 years ago
2) Saw a big transplant, at least 6000 grafts, out in the wild in the sun
3) and now I did see my first post-op (perhaps 2 weeks?) result in the wild today

and fellas, I am so f*****g glad I am taking finasteride and that it is working for me.

Nothing beats real hair. Nothing.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you saw a transplanted dude and concluded that transplants are sh*t. Maybe the reason you noticed it was a transplant was BECAUSE it was bad? Maybe you encountered other transplants at the past but never noticed them because they were good and natural?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
2nd dude was probably only a few months post-OP, or needs another transplant done to add more density. No one can tell I had FUE unless I tell them explicitly.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meanwhile I saw a dude from highschool who is basically bald and wears his hair in a combover like a middle aged dude. He looked at least a decade older than me.

I remembered him as a very confident guy, and I kid you not, all of a sudden he was kinda quiet and timid, even had a slight slouch.

I don't know why he doesn't buzz it off, probably deep denial and an attachment to something that isn't really there anymore. Even styling the combover that way seems like a pain in the *** and certainly doesn't fool anyone.

I just looked him up on social media and he's wearing a hat in his main pic. Before that, his last pic was taken years ago back when his hair looked passable. I can tell that he's in pain. A transplant is really life changing, shouldn't be underestimated.

Last edited:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait i dont get how a hair transplant looks bad, doesnt it just make you look like you're balding? Isnt that at least a big step up from bald?

This is assuming a fully bald nw5+ with a transplant, who either needs another one or only has so much donor and basically has done all he can

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait i dont get how a hair transplant looks bad, doesnt it just make you look like you're balding? Isnt that at least a big step up from bald?

This is assuming a fully bald nw5+ with a transplant, who either needs another one or only has so much donor and basically has done all he can
NW5 with transplanted hair checking in. When I went to a new barber a few weeks ago he told me to "stop shampooing everyday" so I can keep the front of my hair into my 40's. :D There was an older woman in there, she said "I don't wanna disappoint you but I have a son who had such beautiful blond hair until his late 20's.. but now it's all gone. He's so bald". She also noted that I lost hair on the back of my head. He was like "that's already gone, but he can still keep his frontal part. I'm telling you man, ease up on the shampoo and you'll still see the barber in your 40's!!". They also thought I was in my early-mid 20's. I didn't correct them on anything the whole time, by the time.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A transplant is real hair :D

I mean real density of course. Transplant can never match it.

So you saw a transplanted dude and concluded that transplants are sh*t. Maybe the reason you noticed it was a transplant was BECAUSE it was bad? Maybe you encountered other transplants at the past but never noticed them because they were good and natural?

No, I saw a guy who got a hair transplant a week ago and you could already see how thin his grafts were placed. Looked like crap. I pride myself in spotting transplants, they're easy to see most of the time.

Meanwhile I saw a dude from highschool who is basically bald and wears his hair in a combover like a middle aged dude. He looked at least a decade older than me.

I remembered him as a very confident guy, and I kid you not, all of a sudden he was kinda quiet and timid, even had a slight slouch.

I don't know why he doesn't buzz it off, probably deep denial and an attachment to something that isn't really there anymore. Even styling the combover that way seems like a pain in the *** and certainly doesn't fool anyone.

I just looked him up on social media and he's wearing a hat in his main pic. Before that, his last pic was taken years ago back when his hair looked passable. I can tell that he's in pain. A transplant is really life changing, shouldn't be underestimated.

He should've started taking finasteride and prevented the whole situation.

NW5 with transplanted hair checking in. When I went to a new barber a few weeks ago he told me to "stop shampooing everyday" so I can keep the front of my hair into my 40's. :D There was an older woman in there, she said "I don't wanna disappoint you but I have a son who had such beautiful blond hair until his late 20's.. but now it's all gone. He's so bald". She also noted that I lost hair on the back of my head. He was like "that's already gone, but he can still keep his frontal part. I'm telling you man, ease up on the shampoo and you'll still see the barber in your 40's!!". They also thought I was in my early-mid 20's. I didn't correct them on anything the whole time, by the time.

If barbers are the hallmark when it comes to hairloss, we are in bad waters. I've seen your head thought, it looks nice and you're good-looking. From the front at least (the hair I mean). Which is what counts to most.

Demitri

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to admit I have never clearly spotted a hair transplant in the wild before, which gives me hope.

What does not give me hope however is the fact that 90% of the before/after photos from the best clinics in the world look like their still balding, a $20,000 wispy combover at best.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to admit I have never clearly spotted a hair transplant in the wild before, which gives me hope.

What does not give me hope however is the fact that 90% of the before/after photos from the best clinics in the world look like their still balding, a $20,000 wispy combover at best.
Which clinics are you referring to? I find that statement completely untrue. Rahal in Canada, Keser in Turkey, I could add plenty more that produce fanatic undetectable results. For less than £20k too.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
If barbers are the hallmark when it comes to hairloss, we are in bad waters. I've seen your head thought, it looks nice and you're good-looking. From the front at least (the hair I mean). Which is what counts to most.
Thanks bro. You saw me before my 2nd transplant I think, well in that case now it looks even better. Doesn't even look that bad from the back by the way, but barbers tend to cut my hair too short in a "fade" hairstyle which makes the thinning crown more apparent. I just figured this out lately so I'm growing out the sides and back evenly and I'll only use a female barber.

Male barbers are too impatient and don't know how to work with men who have thin hair that needs layers, they give trendy haircuts that compliment dudes with no hair loss.

I still have more donor hair for a future transplant, maybe one day I'll use it.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks bro. You saw me before my 2nd transplant I think, well in that case now it looks even better. Doesn't even look that bad from the back by the way, but barbers tend to cut my hair too short in a "fade" hairstyle which makes the thinning crown more apparent. I just figured this out lately so I'm growing out the sides and back evenly and I'll only use a female barber.

Male barbers are too impatient and don't know how to work with men who have thin hair that needs layers, they give trendy haircuts that compliment dudes with no hair loss.

I still have more donor hair for a future transplant, maybe one day I'll use it.

How many grafts do you reckon you need to fill your crown in? is it mild or severe?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

The fade and thinning crown indeed ie egg in the nest scenario.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many grafts do you reckon you need to fill your crown in? is it mild or severe?
The fade and thinning crown indeed ie egg in the nest scenario.
Lmao it's not the worst honestly, I saw some vids of my head from the back recently. But with barbers trying to do fancy things it just looks like a bad science project. They give every man the same haircut mindlessly without taking his individual situation into consideration.

I think that if I let the sides and back grow out a bit, and cut the top shorter, it'll give off the illusion of more uniform, fuller and darker hair. I'll report back to y'all in a little while.

Anywhere between 1-2k grafts will be enough but I'm definitely a few years away from being ready to go through another operation. Just gotta use the most of what I have right now.