Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
They have soaked the tissue in the solution 24x7. The dosage can be very different when you apply once a day.
Paper: https://www.researchgate.net/public...851574f7e63e5c/41467-2018-5973-MOESM2-ESM.pdf

In the highlighted bold text below it does state the in the presence of high-dose Sandalore the opposite effects were exerted...but the paper does not state what concentration "high-dose Sandalore" is....

"There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes.

While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture.

That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production.

However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5):

“Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “"

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So to this day there's only on guy in this forum who got positive results followed by pictures ?
They have soaked the tissue in the solution 24x7. The dosage can be very different when you apply once a day.
Well we have two options, one is to use a much higher dose of Sandalore which the authors mentioned had an opposite effect, or stick to the study's protocol. The latter sounds like the better option to me. Even if you only put a drop or two in a bottle of minoxidil you are above what the study used. I have been putting two or so drops in a minoxidil bottle with alcohol/pg and am probably 5 weeks in. Been noticing thickening and new hairs and I will be taking follow-up pictures soon, probably at the 2 month mark and again at 3 months, which is when the effects of minoxidil and finasteride begin to be more noticeable.

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your dose is less than the effective concentration you get no result. The tickening you mentioned can be just your mental bias or the effect caused by minoxidil.

Well we have two options, one is to use a much higher dose of Sandalore which the authors mentioned had an opposite effect, or stick to the study's protocol. The latter sounds like the better option to me. Even if you only put a drop or two in a bottle of minoxidil you are above what the study used. I have been putting two or so drops in a minoxidil bottle with alcohol/pg and am probably 5 weeks in. Been noticing thickening and new hairs and I will be taking follow-up pictures soon, probably at the 2 month mark and again at 3 months, which is when the effects of minoxidil and finasteride begin to be more noticeable.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your dose is less than the effective concentration you get no result. The tickening you mentioned can be just your mental bias or the effect caused by minoxidil.
I guess time will tell on the bias, photos should be able to confirm or deny that. But I've been on minoxidil for 4 years so can't be that.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Paper: https://www.researchgate.net/public...851574f7e63e5c/41467-2018-5973-MOESM2-ESM.pdf

In the highlighted bold text below it does state the in the presence of high-dose Sandalore the opposite effects were exerted...but the paper does not state what concentration "high-dose Sandalore" is....

"There is some concern that the effects of Sandalore® require exposure to relatively high concentrations for 6 days. Under those circumstances can the authors confidently rule out non- specific effects, possibly even membrane permeability to this volatile compound that may be at work?

Thanks for raising this important point. In our previous study (Busse et al., 2014), we had carefully addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes. For example, we had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers of adenylyl cyclase (MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536) and CNG channel (L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, the co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 inkeratinocytes.

While these cell culture data demonstrated OR2AT4-dependency of the Sandalore® effects on human keratinocytes in vitro (for details, see Busse et al., 2014), we agree that even the Phenirat® + Sandalore® co-stimulation experiment (which showed that Sandalore® effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat® only in the presence of Sandalore® ) does not “confidently rule out” that OR2AT4-INDEPENDENT effects, possibly including even changes in membrane permeability to this volatile compound, might also have been at work, given the relatively high concentration of Sandalore® and long duration ofHF organ culture.

That is exactly why we went one key step further and silenced OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs (incidentally, to the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that any olfactory receptor has been successfully knocked-down in any human [mini-] organ). This clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® ! – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular IGF-1 production.

However, to alert readers to the important caveat raised by the expert reviewer, we have complemented the revised Discussion with the following supplementary text(supplementary text 5):

“Previously, we had addressed the specificity and receptor dependence of Sandalore® effects at the relatively high concentration tested here in human HaCaT cells and primary human epidermal keratinocytes (Busse et al 2014). This had demonstrated that after 5 days of Sandalore® stimulation in the presence of specific antagonist of OR2AT4 or of relevant signalling pathway blockers (adenylyl cyclase inhibition by MDL-12.330A or SQ-22536; CNG channel inhibition by L-cis Diltiazem), the Sandalore® effect in HaCaT cells or primary human epidermal keratinocytes was completely blocked, without any effects on cell morphology or any other cell biology parameter evaluated. In addition, co-application of the specific OR2AT4 antagonist Phenirat® with Sandalore® (1:1, 500 mM) completely blocked Sandalore® -induced calcium signals in HaCaT cells (Busse et al. 2014), indicating that the effects of Sandalore® are based on the activation of OR2AT4 in keratinocytes. Most importantly, silencing OR2AT4 in organ-cultured HFs clearly showed that – notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore® – OR2AT4 knock-down exerted the opposite effects of agonist treatment alone and profoundly inhibited both, hair growth (i.e. OR2AT4 siRNA shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicularIGF-1 production. “"

It doesn't say that a high concentration of Sandalore causes these opposite effects.It says that the OR2AT4 knock-down causes these effects. OR2AT4 is being knocked-down by Phenirat, not by Sandalore. As stated in the paragraph above they co-admistered Sandalore with Phenirat. "The Sandalore effects on the HF can be partially antagonized by Phenirat only in the presence of Sandalore". So the counter-effects of Phenirat are especially notably in the presence of high-dose Sandalore, since high-dose Sandalore = high effects = highly notably if counteracted by Phenirat.
This is what that article says, it doesn't say that high-dose Sandalore actually caused the OR2AT4 knock-down

The balding god

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @The balding god any more updates? How confident are you that this is working? Been applying now for about around 3 weeks, haven't seen much of an improvement. I am now using the vanicream and sandalore mix around once or twice a day? Before I had a spray bottle with canola oil, tea tree oil, some alcohol, water, eucalyptus, and sandalore.
Yeah I'm sure it's working because the velus hairs have grown substantially, and in the right light it looks like i have a full head of hair. The only problem is that they are still velus, not permanent. And i have a bald spot on the front of my head that doesn't seem to be growing permanent hairs (still a decent amount of velus). It can be hard to show in the photos and i don't want to buy a microscopic camera. I just woke up, so messy hair, but you can see the massive amounts of velus around my hairline. I mean, the growth is undeniable, but I think the concentration remains to be determined. I've been doing it for exactly 2 months today. First month was 1% measured out with a dropper, mixed with vanicream unscented lotion from amazon, applied twice a day. I've since moved to 0.75% and am seeing the same results, applied once or twice a day. I think the "less is more" approach is correct, but I can't imagine 0.01% like in the study will do much good.

Attachments

• 1543681961793475556320945232002.jpg
    1543681961793475556320945232002.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 15436824163983923728155009791618.jpg
    15436824163983923728155009791618.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,034

neronero

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure it's working because the velus hairs have grown substantially, and in the right light it looks like i have a full head of hair. The only problem is that they are still velus, not permanent. And i have a bald spot on the front of my head that doesn't seem to be growing permanent hairs (still a decent amount of velus). It can be hard to show in the photos and i don't want to buy a microscopic camera. I just woke up, so messy hair, but you can see the massive amounts of velus around my hairline. I mean, the growth is undeniable, but I think the concentration remains to be determined. I've been doing it for exactly 2 months today. First month was 1% measured out with a dropper, mixed with vanicream unscented lotion from amazon, applied twice a day. I've since moved to 0.75% and am seeing the same results, applied once or twice a day. I think the "less is more" approach is correct, but I can't imagine 0.01% like in the study will do much good.
holy fuckin sh*t

INT

Reaction score

Dumb question maybe but which one is before and which one is after?

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys could you help me please where could I find sandalwood in Europe?

Thanks!

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score

I don’t see a difference except light. Bad pictures.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: So I've been applying this stuff once a day to only along the balding/receding area of my forehead for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if it's all in my head or what, but it sure looks like there's more vellus hair than there used to be. I also have this one hair that is still hanging in there over the years that has a short life cycle (falls out after growing a few millimeters and grows out again pretty quickly). Anyway I noticed that there is another really small hair growing out of the same follicle which I haven't seen before. I have my doubts that the vellus hair will become regular sized hair but I'm still encouraged to keep applying this stuff.

Update: There's definitely some small growth in balding/receded area of my forehead which I've noticed from week 3, but no further growth after almost 2 more weeks of continued use. Hairs are still tiny and doesn't seem to be getting any longer. Seems like for me this stuff will probably only grow peach fuzz at best. Not sure how much longer I will continue to use. Not saying this stuff isn't effective in regrowing terminal hair for other people, I'm just saying it won't grow terminal hair for me.

Yeah it's a little hard to tell because the lighting and angle are different in both pics.

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
For Minoxidil, they say you need to wait 6 months to see the result.
So I guess 5 weeks is not much. You need to wait at least 12.

Update: There's definitely some small growth in balding/receded area of my forehead which I've noticed from week 3, but no further growth after almost 2 more weeks of continued use. Hairs are still tiny and doesn't seem to be getting any longer. Seems like for me this stuff will probably only grow peach fuzz at best. Not sure how much longer I will continue to use. Not saying this stuff isn't effective in regrowing terminal hair for other people, I'm just saying it won't grow terminal hair for me.
Yeah it's a little hard to tell because the lighting and angle are different in both pics.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score

Dont want to come across as a prick, but youve found a treatment that has already grown some vellus hair after just a few weeks, which suggests that it's going to thicken and protect what hair you have at the very least, and might well continue to give you regrowth and youre thinking about throwing in the towel??!

Man, give it at least 6 months and then reassess.

The balding god

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t see a difference except light. Bad pictures.
Both are from today. If you're looking for a full timeline from the past 60 days, check the earlier messages in the thread from pages 20-35. I posted sporadically, and there was one post with my full timeline. These are just update pictures. These pictures are important because they show where my permanent hair is, and it shows the light blonde velus hairs.

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both are from today.

I should congratulate you. Your previous and new photos definitely shows significant improvement. For you own sake, don't stop saying this is villus hair. They will turn to become big hair later.

Also can you once more tell us exactly what were your 1% and %0.75 solution like?

We should also make sure this is the result of Sandalore because you said you are using Minoxidil also. You also said that you were using from past. Give us full detail. You are a success history and very worthy!

relevantme

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should congratulate you. Your previous and new photos definitely shows significant improvement. For you own sake, don't stop saying this is villus hair. They will turn to become big hair later.

Also can you once more tell us exactly what were your 1% and %0.75 solution like?

We should also make sure this is the result of Sandalore because you said you are using Minoxidil also. You also said that you were using from past. Give us full detail. You are a success history and very worthy!

I could be wrong, but I thought this user had said this was the only thing they'd tried? It was either him or someone else who was seeing results.

I'm not going to post pics because I don't think they're impressive yet, but my hair and scalp do still look and feel better to me. I'm normally pretty pessimistic with this stuff too, still wouldn't rule out bias.

bsz0206

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, pessimistic with this stuff too, still wouldn't rule out bias.

He was using a different dose and solution as far as I remember.

Many people are following a few drop of Sandalore in 100ml Minoxidil solution which I think does not make any sense because it is too diluted to make any contact with the receptors. He was using a 1% or 0.75% solution that looks better.

What was your solution @relevantme ?

relevantme

My Regimen
Reaction score
He was using a different dose and solution as far as I remember.

Many people are following a few drop of Sandalore in 100ml Minoxidil solution which I think does not make any sense because it is too diluted to make any contact with the receptors. He was using a 1% or 0.75% solution that looks better.

What was your solution @relevantme ?

So I was doing a drop into 60ml minoxidil. So essentially what you described. I can still smell the stuff when I put it on, and at the time of starting this everyone was concerned with too much causing hair loss. Sounds like that isn't a concern anymore really, but I still wanted to try and use smallest effective dose.

I can always add more, can't take it out once it's in though.