Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't discount the shampoo. It's a low risk way to incorporate it. I don't think that there are enough people using it to give us an impression either way. So, I think it's worth a try for at least 6 months. I have my recipe for my topical in a previous post; it's a pretty simple recipe. With both of these, you would have something to try without too much of an investment. In my previous post I gave my impressions on it's efficacy. Mind you, that was before the Canary islands info came out. Seems that my impressions were on target

the only other posts i found from you are on page 42. did you post anywhere else? that's all i found from this site's filter. i don't see where you mentioned how many drops you put in or your impressions.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the only other posts i found from you are on page 42. did you post anywhere else? that's all i found from this site's filter. i don't see where you mentioned how many drops you put in or your impressions.

never mind, i found it... page 113. thanks!

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh great! i wonder why the company that owns the patent doesn't release it as a hairless product.... i'm sure they have word of the trials in the canary islands and the results.

anyway!!!... so it was tested at 1% sandalore. if i take a 60ml bottle of an empty rogaine, I fill it up with 60 ml of PG and Everclear... 1% sandalore = 12 drops? I was using 4 drops months ago... maybe it wasn't enough.

Well, potentially many reasons..

Have they completed all the necessary trials and submitted it to the FDA & EMA? Or can the product be marketed without the need for the FDA & EMA approval..

Potential mass manufacturing issues? Stability of the product over time? The product is patented and first impressions really matter.... It may be that they want to get the marketing of the product right? Hundreds of potential reasons..

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question... In a sandalore / Propylene Glycol / Ethanol solution.... do you mix the sandalore first with the ethanol, and then add the PG? or it doesn't matter?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to give you a little update. my first attempt at Sandalore (4 drops mixed with PG and Ethanol) was back in December. I had great results. I even saw a cosmetic difference on the day after my first use. after about 2 months, my hair started falling out again, and i was back to square one. To say I was disappointed and disheartened is an understatement. SO... after trials and errors, and going through many pages of this thread to see if maybe i did something wrong... I learned that Sandalore has to be mixed with Ethanol FIRST, so that is dissolves properly. I left it there for an hour in a small bottle, and then mixed it with the PG; PG is the carrier in this case. A few days ago, I started applying again, and I am starting AGAIN to see a cosmetic difference, and a lot of my hairs are thickening up once again. I believe my mistake was that i was mixing it all together, which didn't let Sandalore dissolve properly in the solution. Back in December, when i made my first mix, it might have been some kind of fluke where the Sandalore did dissolve properly, but after that it wasn't in my later batches. I'll keep you all posted.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to give you a little update. my first attempt at Sandalore (4 drops mixed with PG and Ethanol) was back in December. I had great results. I even saw a cosmetic difference on the day after my first use. after about 2 months, my hair started falling out again, and i was back to square one. To say I was disappointed and disheartened is an understatement. SO... after trials and errors, and going through many pages of this thread to see if maybe i did something wrong... I learned that Sandalore has to be mixed with Ethanol FIRST, so that is dissolves properly. I left it there for an hour in a small bottle, and then mixed it with the PG; PG is the carrier in this case. A few days ago, I started applying again, and I am starting AGAIN to see a cosmetic difference, and a lot of my hairs are thickening up once again. I believe my mistake was that i was mixing it all together, which didn't let Sandalore dissolve properly in the solution. Back in December, when i made my first mix, it might have been some kind of fluke where the Sandalore did dissolve properly, but after that it wasn't in my later batches. I'll keep you all posted.
4 drops in what volume?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 drops in what volume?

I'm following TheJuiceMan's mix... I'm taking an empty 60ml bottle of rogaine. fill it up with 60% Ethanol, and 40% Propylene Glycol. Which is roughly 36 ml of Ethanol, and 24 ml of Propylene Glycol. and add 4 drops of Sandalore. It doesn't appear that you need 1% like the studies show, which i think amounts to 12 drops... I'm already seeing a cosmetic difference with only 4 drops. If i can get away with 4 drops rather than 12, that's all i want!!

Where i was screwing up i believe was in the mixing process. Now i'm adding 4 drops to the 36 ml of Ethanol, shake it, let it sit there for an hour. THEN add the 24 ml of PG into the mix, shake it all again, let it sit for another hour. I've been spraying it on once a day (at night before i go to bed), for almost a week now. Already seeing the difference.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm following TheJuiceMan's mix... I'm taking an empty 60ml bottle of rogaine. fill it up with 60% Ethanol, and 40% Propylene Glycol. Which is roughly 36 ml of Ethanol, and 24 ml of Propylene Glycol. and add 4 drops of Sandalore. It doesn't appear that you need 1% like the studies show, which i think amounts to 12 drops... I'm already seeing a cosmetic difference with only 4 drops. If i can get away with 4 drops rather than 12, that's all i want!!

Where i was screwing up i believe was in the mixing process. Now i'm adding 4 drops to the 36 ml of Ethanol, shake it, let it sit there for an hour. THEN add the 24 ml of PG into the mix, shake it all again, let it sit for another hour. I've been spraying it on once a day (at night before i go to bed), for almost a week now. Already seeing the difference.
My theory is sandalore upregulates androgen receptors after some time. If you look at every review here, everyone had improvement in the beginning, then a massive shed. Same happened to me.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My theory is sandalore upregulates androgen receptors after some time. If you look at every review here, everyone had improvement in the beginning, then a massive shed. Same happened to me.

Very interesting actually... about it up regulating androgen receptors after some time. Haven't thought of that. However, I kept applying Sandalore after my massive shed for a few months (in the failed hope it would work again haha). I imagine if that were true, I would've lost the rest of my hair, but I did not... I maintained, same as nick123. Welp, time will tell! I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting actually... about it up regulating androgen receptors after some time. Haven't thought of that. However, I kept applying Sandalore after my massive shed for a few months (in the failed hope it would work again haha). I imagine if that were true, I would've lost the rest of my hair, but I did not... I maintained, same as nick123. Welp, time will tell! I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens.
Sandalore increases IGF-1 levels.
'high levels of IGF-1 may increase the androgen receptor activity and dihydrotestosterone levels and these result in an increased propensity for baldness'.

Maybe it needs to be cycled, such as 1 week on, 1 week off or something like that.

EDIT: or apply every other day.

Last edited:

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sandalore increases IGF-1 levels.
'high levels of IGF-1 may increase the androgen receptor activity and dihydrotestosterone levels and these result in an increased propensity for baldness'.

Maybe it needs to be cycled, such as 1 week on, 1 week off or something like that.

EDIT: or apply every other day.

That part I knew. But I thought, for example, 4 drops of Sandalore every day wouldn't increase IGF-1 levels to a level that would increase baldness. if, however, you threw in 30 drops of sandalore, and used it everyday, THEN that would be a problem. what i might do, is that IF I keep improving, eventually just switch to every other day like you mention.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
if, however, you threw in 30 drops of sandalore, and used it everyday, THEN that would be a problem. what i might do, is that IF I keep improving, eventually just switch to every other day like you mention.

The study mentioned 1% which would be about that amount of drops (around 20 supposedly). I certainly feel like 1% is overkill and makes my scalp more sensitive and sore but who the hell knows. Frustrating that we still havent figured out a strength that works and doesnt actually produce the opposite effects.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study mentioned 1% which would be about that amount of drops (around 20 supposedly). I certainly feel like 1% is overkill and makes my scalp more sensitive and sore but who the hell knows. Frustrating that we still havent figured out a strength that works and doesnt actually produce the opposite effects.

I know, frustrating!!! Hence my username.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed so much after trying sandalore, i went below baseline. It was horrible. I had sensitive scalp as well.

Took me 4-5 months to recover. I'm scared to try sandalore again.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which brand were you on? I bought one off amazon and it didn’t do sh*t.

I use from pellwall. After the premature destruction of my follicles leading to my massive shed several months ago, i have maintained with Pellwall's sandalore.

EDIT: pellwall.com

Last edited:

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My propylene glycol will run out in another 3 weeks or so. I used to get it from Weeping Willow. www.weepingwillowoilco.com .... however, it looks like that company folded lol. nothing is sold on their site anymore. i can't even find their PG on amazon.com. Can anyone recommend for me an alternate website for propylene glycol? Thanks!

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My propylene glycol will run out in another 3 weeks or so. I used to get it from Weeping Willow. www.weepingwillowoilco.com .... however, it looks like that company folded lol. nothing is sold on their site anymore. i can't even find their PG on amazon.com. Can anyone recommend for me an alternate website for propylene glycol? Thanks!

anybody? need another place to find propylene glycol. help! SOS! ayuda!