Samumes Update: As Per Samumed Ceo Sm04554 To Go Directly To Phase 3 Study This Year!

logikmtr

Reaction score
Questionable, expensive experimental drugs are not the option to me.

@Cue Bald once recently told a story about a scam that was not even a commercial scam that was created by this community 10 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with waiting to see science-based evidence that a medical treatment is safe and effective.
To which scam are you referring?

logikmtr

Reaction score

@Cue Bald once recently told a story about a scam that was not even a commercial scam that was created by this community 10 years ago.
There is nothing wrong with waiting to see science-based evidence that a medical treatment is safe and effective.

logikmtr

Reaction score

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

So speak for YOURSELF.

WE statements here aren’t great.

I can’t use propcecia because I like using my dick.

I’m not going to say WE ARE ALL DOOMED,.,.

It’s just me

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phase 2 results didn't seem that great, and they never released any info after claiming they had to look into the dose-response curve. From what I remember, the efficacy of the drug went down if you used over a certain amount, which usually isn't something pharma companies want. Maybe they were able to investigate/fix it without going through another phase II.

Still, if they initiate phase III that would be huge news. Maybe there really is potential of using it w/ Follica.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So speak for YOURSELF.

WE statements here aren’t great.

I can’t use propcecia because I like using my dick.

I’m not going to say WE ARE ALL DOOMED,.,.

It’s just me
No i'm doomed as well! I cant even take Saw Palmetto.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Phase 2 results didn't seem that great, and they never released any info after claiming they had to look into the dose-response curve. From what I remember, the efficacy of the drug went down if you used over a certain amount, which usually isn't something pharma companies want. Maybe they were able to investigate/fix it without going through another phase II.

Still, if they initiate phase III that would be huge news. Maybe there really is potential of using it w/ Follica.
This is exactly what i was wondering. If the response wasnt overwhelmingly favorabke and additional doses dodnt improve response, why are they moving forward with this? This seems a little out of the blue.

Noisette

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I want to share with you some news about Samumed. What do you think about it ?

First, today (22 May 2018) a new article was published in the Bussiness insider's website (France)
" Samumed currently has seven clinical trials ongoing, two of which — one to treat a common form of hair loss and another to treat osteoarthritis — are ready to move into phase 3 clinical trials that could set them up for approval from the FDA. "

Secondly, in the Samumed's website we can see that they have a new publication called " Scrip Pharma Intelligence: Samumed CMO Hopes to Reach Drug Approvals via the Wnt Pathway"
They put it in their communiqué about the Androgenetic Alopecia.

" The Clinical-Stage Biotech Has Diverse Pipeline generated by its Wnt signalling pathway technology platform, and aims to get its first drug to market in 2020 "

We learn what they're expecting about the pipeline.
" After discussions with the FDA, if the proof-of-concept study is positive across both doses, the company will initiate two Phase III studies in the second half of 2018 and seek approval around the end of 2019 "

upload_2018-5-22_14-18-22.png

upload_2018-5-22_14-17-47.png

upload_2018-5-22_14-17-5.png

Sources:
http://www.businessinsider.fr/us/samumeds-plans-to-go-public-2018-5
https://www.samumed.com/pipeline/detail.aspx?id=16

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical cetirizine.
The pill form makes me very drowsy, i have to take loratadine for my hay fever so cet is probably not the correct drug for me. I have ordered some desloratadine from Canada so hopefully it will get through customs ok.

BlueHorseshoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

First, today (22 May 2018) a new article was published in the Bussiness insider's website (France)
" Samumed currently has seven clinical trials ongoing, two of which — one to treat a common form of hair loss and another to treat osteoarthritis — are ready to move into phase 3 clinical trials that could set them up for approval from the FDA. "

Secondly, in the Samumed's website we can see that they have a new publication called " Scrip Pharma Intelligence: Samumed CMO Hopes to Reach Drug Approvals via the Wnt Pathway"

" The Clinical-Stage Biotech Has Diverse Pipeline generated by its Wnt signalling pathway technology platform, and aims to get its first drug to market in 2020 "

" After discussions with the FDA, if the proof-of-concept study is positive across both doses, the company will initiate two Phase III studies in the second half of 2018 and seek approval around the end of 2019 "

View attachment 89105
View attachment 89104

View attachment 89103

Sources:

The fact that they have ample funding is encouraging. Since they are going to phase 3 they must feel they have something but by reading the phase 2 results it seems more likely that it will be similar to Finasteride in its efficacy, which would be great if it’s sides are more tolerable. Definitely exciting to some degree, thanks for the update. What are your thoughts @Noisette ?

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is very interesting and comes out of nowhere after years of silence. Funny thing is that it is by far the closest thing we have to release (if we don't count Polichem finasteride which should come out late this year/early next year).

I am very curious about this and hopefully they understood why it wasn't dose sensitive during Phase II. Regardless, at this point anything will help, and a new FDA approved drugs after decades will be refreshing. Having said that remember that roughly only 66% of drugs pass Phase III and get released.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys

View attachment 89105
View attachment 89104

View attachment 89103

Sources:

Wasn't everyone hyped that the wnt pathway would the cure? Thought that samumed would just be something like RCH-01

inmyhead

Reaction score
This is very interesting and comes out of nowhere after years of silence. Funny thing is that it is by far the closest thing we have to release (if we don't count Polichem finasteride which should come out late this year/early next year).

I am very curious about this and hopefully they understood why it wasn't dose sensitive during Phase II. Regardless, at this point anything will help, and a new FDA approved drugs after decades will be refreshing. Having said that remember that roughly only 66% of drugs pass Phase III and get released.
You are wrong with polischem. Somebody mentioned, that they are aiming at release 2-3 years from now.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are wrong with polischem. Somebody mentioned, that they are aiming at release 2-3 years from now.

You are probably thinking of Breezula.
I haven't seen any evidence of Polichem being delayed and it wouldn't make any sense since companies want to go into the market stage asap after phase III