Samumed Update: Breif Update On Sm04554

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great news. Always appreciate a step forward guys. That’s why being actually bald or almost bald is so fun. Any new treatment with even tiny outcome looks like a huge deal for us. Now for the weird kid who thinks he’s balding when he isn’t, there is no treatment to make him happy.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8%. Not great for those of us who have already experienced a significant amount of hair loss.

But the real question is if it maintains hair like finasteride, or if it eventually stops working as with minoxidil. Anything that can maintain forever without sides is a cure for future generations, even if it's not for us.

Yeah the promising part is the possibility of use with follica. SM works by kicking stem cells to produce follicles so there is a good chance it with synergize non linearly with follica which is a solution based around follicle neogenesis. This is really just speculation though.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see which company will be the next one to start Phase III for a new product for the first time ever after Finasteride and Minoxidil.
As of now Samumed seems to have the lead with Cassiopea (Breezula) slightly behind it. Then we have Allergan and Follica which are in a weird position where we are not even sure if they will move on to Phase III. Follicum is also interesting but more behind. I think these 4 (Samumed, Cassiopea, Allergan and Follica) are the only ones who have finished Phase II and could\will start Phase III soon. Pretty crazy if they all do, we could have 4 new products within 3-4 years.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see which company will be the next one to start Phase III for a new product for the first time ever after Finasteride and Minoxidil.
As of now Samumed seems to have the lead with Cassiopea (Breezula) slightly behind it. Then we have Allergan and Follica which are in a weird position where we are not even sure if they will move on to Phase III. Follicum is also interesting but more behind. I think these 4 (Samumed, Cassiopea, Allergan and Follica) are the only ones who have finished Phase II and could\will start Phase III soon. Pretty crazy if they all do, we could have 4 new products within 3-4 years.
Aclaris were granted fast track for the development of ATI-502 for.... alopecia areata...
but if this works for AAG this might be an option ?!

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

SM and Breezula may all initiate phase 3 in late 2018 / early 2019. However, SM aims for 2020 release while Breezula aims for 2022 release. Breezula is decent but no idea why they take way too long.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SM 2020 release is basically impossible.

If they start a Phase III in late 2018 they will be done (in like the best case scenario, recruiting takes time and min Phase III duration of one year) in mid 2020. After that it takes at least almost a year before it can get approved and to the market, so we are looking at a similar timeframe to Breezula which is more realistic imo (well maybe 2021 instead of 2022 but the difference is basically 0).

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Somewhere in their press release, they are lookin forward for 2020 release, maybe they only do 1-year phase 3 and analyze and release data right after that (unlike many slack damn stupid company that needs 1 year to release the data)
By the way, they mentioned "625 patients" in their e-letter. Does this mean that they have already finished recruiting ? Or is it just the minimum number of patients ? Another thing, not sure whether they have discussed with FDA regarding phase 3 ? (this takes some fuking time as well)
The nearest alternative, hopefully, if it ever happens, is Shiseido (2018 / 2019) and P3074 (2020).

Taep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somewhere in their press release, they are lookin forward for 2020 release, maybe they only do 1-year phase 3 and analyze and release data right after that (unlike many slack damn stupid company that needs 1 year to release the data)
By the way, they mentioned "625 patients" in their e-letter. Does this mean that they have already finished recruiting ? Or is it just the minimum number of patients ? Another thing, not sure whether they have discussed with FDA regarding phase 3 ? (this takes some fuking time as well)
The nearest alternative, hopefully, if it ever happens, is Shiseido (2018 / 2019) and P3074 (2020).

where did you see press realease date?
foliclethought??

Kaza Waru

My Regimen
Reaction score
bonjour, personne n'a parlé ici depuis longtemps. Avez-vous des nouvelles de ce produit? Pensez-vous qu'il peut arrêter définitivement une calvitie pour accompagner une greffe?

klerik

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bonjour, personne n'a parlé ici depuis longtemps. Avez-vous des nouvelles de ce produit? Pensez-vous qu'il peut arrêter définitivement une calvitie pour accompagner une greffe?

Oui, omelette du fromage.