Samumed Phase 3: Readout Expected No Earlier Than 2020

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
We all know samumeds statted phase three for sm04554 but the trial has finally posted on clinicaltrials.gov:

2 Takeaways:
1. Well have a trial showing efficacy of both strengths of sm04554 for 48 weeks of daily use instead of only 13 weeks of active treatment.

2. The trial will be conducted in Turkey, include 675 people, and will not end until at least 2020.

Find the trial here:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03742518?term=Sm04554&rank=1

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all know samumeds statted phase three for sm04554 but the trial has finally posted on clinicaltrials.gov:

2 Takeaways:
1. Well have a trial showing efficacy of both strengths of sm04554 for 48 weeks of daily use instead of only 13 weeks of active treatment.

2. The trial will be conducted in Turkey, include 675 people, and will not end until at least 2020.

Find the trial here:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03742518?term=Sm04554&rank=1

This is THE compound i want to add to my dermarolling regimen.

Lets hope its safe.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does the trial being in Turkey mean for US residents? We're basically at 2019 so 2020 isn't so far off. Samumed has been one of the few companies to move quickly, so lets hope they don't keep facing delays.

Yepesyellow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it is a 48 week trial it probably will not conclude until early 2020, then factor in another few months for compiling data and lastly nine to twelve months for FDA/ EMA clearance; assuming positive results, a late-2021/ early-2022 release is probably a fair estimate.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do we still care about Samumed? Their last released results from like 2 years ago were so underwhelming...I'm surprised they haven't totally abandoned this.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do we still care about Samumed? Their last released results from like 2 years ago were so underwhelming...I'm surprised they haven't totally abandoned this.

They clearly see potential if it's going into phase 3. Don't think they'd be wasting tons of money and time pushing something that likely won't work. And it's possible it will work better with some sort of dermarolling or Follica like product.

I'm just wondering why they're calling it phase 2/3...makes me think it's not a "true" Phase 3. I know they wanted to potentially redo phase II, so maybe this is some sort of combined trial?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand why allergan isn't giving us any feedback on bim or setipiprant trials. The trials have been completed for a while now and they since have been removed from their pipeline I hear...I'd like to know why? Allergan prides itself on communication. I disagree. Did it lack effectiveness? Was their health risks? Too costly of a medicine? They really should tell the public the reason as many guys buy this stuff online to try for themselves. I dont think they would try it if they knew there was a serious potential for harm to their body or lack of effectiveness during the professional trial. Seriously I get riffed when companies advertise their drug and then go quiet. Public has a right to know for their own well being!

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why phase 2 / 3 and not phase 3 ? Do you have any idea ? Is it the final phase before filing for approval yet ?

I bet they're redoing part of phase II as part of the trial. They previously mentioned wanting to refine their product before moving into phase III, and it's possible that would have required another separate Phase II in the US. I'd bet that's why it's being done in Turkey as well.

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess refining would be in phase 3, right? the important thing would be to know the duration of this "phase 2/3"

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bet they're redoing part of phase II as part of the trial. They previously mentioned wanting to refine their product before moving into phase III, and it's possible that would have required another separate Phase II in the US. I'd bet that's why it's being done in Turkey as well.

"Refining" would be adjusting the dosage amount, right, and not the actual molecular make-up, if that is the right parlance?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just hope that it will be available in US when it becomes available in turkey.