sammy stying putty ...

Rob_x_22

Established Member
Reaction score
tryed some of this out today and this stuff works great i like it a lot better then the got2b stuff ...makes u hair look thicker for me anyway ...only 5$ at cvs check it out!

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
muaythai187 said:
Its good if your hairstyle is the messy ,spike ,faux-hawk or out of bed look.

Cool - that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I hope this pomade works as well for me as it does for you.

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm sad to say that I tried the thickening pomade this morning and I was not impressed with the results. I didn't see any thickening whatsoever (in fact, I saw the opposite) and it didn't work very well as a styling aid either. I had to use another product to rescue myself from a bad hair day, so I think it's safe to say I won't be using this product again. I also tried their thickening shampoo last night and that was a disappointment as well. It was difficult to rinse out and it leaves some kind of residue in your hair (almost like it coats it with something). Anyway, no thickening effect and I don't particularly like the smell either. Back to the drawing board...

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
Rob_x_22 said:
did u try the styling putty? thus the reason of this post?

Nope - just the pomade. The putty didn't really appeal to me because it supposedly makes your hair shiny and I'm not really into the "wet" look. It's weird too because pomade usually makes your hair shiny and putty usually has a matte effect, but these Samy products are the exact opposite.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
It really depends of the texture of your hair, not all hair thickening hair styling products will work for everybody. Try garnier fructis style surf hair texture paste matte effect ,it works good as well maybe you should return the sammy pomade and exhange it.

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
muaythai187 said:
It really depends of the texture of your hair, not all hair thickening hair styling products will work for everybody. Try garnier fructis style surf hair texture paste matte effect ,it works good as well maybe you should return the sammy pomade and exhange it.

I've tried the Surf Hair too - it just makes my hair a poofy mess. Like you said, it all depends on what kind of hair you have. The Surf Hair seems to work great for a lot of people but not for me. Same with the Got2B Chaotic Putty - my hair definitely looks thicker when I use it but it looks terrible as far as the style goes. I'm still looking for that perfect product that gives just the right amount of thickening while maintaining the style I like.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
I found SurfHair ok, but tough to wash out. Not tried the Sammy stuff yet but may do. The best products I've used in the past 10 years or so have been American Crew Fiber, KMS Hairplay Moulding Paste and my current product, MIN Modify... They all sound like the kind of thing you're after Psy...

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
Def said:
I found SurfHair ok, but tough to wash out. Not tried the Sammy stuff yet but may do. The best products I've used in the past 10 years or so have been American Crew Fiber, KMS Hairplay Moulding Paste and my current product, MIN Modify... They all sound like the kind of thing you're after Psy...

I've tried everything you mentioned except for the MIN product. I hated the Fiber (not enough hold, no thickening effect and too shiny) and the Moulding Paste didn't have enough hold for me either. I know this sounds a bit weird but if it doesn't come in a jar, it won't work for me. That's not to say that everything that comes in a jar works for me (as you know, Fiber comes in a jar) but I definitely can't use anything that doesn't come in a jar.

Regarding the MIN Modify, I assume there's only one MIN line and I can't seem to find that product on the web site. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Interesting.

I live in the UK so got mine from Malgroomin.co.uk

I have also tried Substance which I found to hold well, but it was so clay-ish that I needed to use a few drops of water to emulsify it properly before styling.

MIN Modify is kinda like that VO5 Rework stuff, but with much better hold. Re-workable, matte finish, great hold etc.

Def

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
Def said:
Hmmm.... Interesting.

I live in the UK so got mine from Malgroomin.co.uk

I have also tried Substance which I found to hold well, but it was so clay-ish that I needed to use a few drops of water to emulsify it properly before styling.

MIN Modify is kinda like that VO5 Rework stuff, but with much better hold. Re-workable, matte finish, great hold etc.

Def

That must be the problem - I'm in the US and they probably don't sell the Modify here for some reason. I'm going to try the Substance and the Form Styling Cream - I've tried just about everything else on the market so I may as well give those a shot too.