Same hair loss story different guy with a bit of insight

Topical

Reaction score
New to the forum and here is a bit about me. I am 29 almost 30 and diffused thinning since I was about 25-ish. I have been using minoxidil and have had decent success with it. If I let my hair grow long (1 inch plus it looks pretty decent on me). Recently I added s5 to my regime and it seems to be working really well. Before s5 I would use use minoxidil for a few months and get decent hair growth and then become passive, thin again and freak out and do it again, usually buzzing my hair down to a zero and starting over.

Its kind of funny how 6-ish square inches on a body can make such a difference on mans psyche.

My big '"issue" is that I have always been "ridiculously ridiculous good looking" (zoolander reference) and have gotten use to a lot of female attention. I just want to say that at this point I am not saying this to impress anybody, because, nobody knows who I am, I am just trying to be 100% honest. To be honest I feel that majority of guys on this site are/were also "ridiculously ridiculous good looking" guys and that is why we are in the same place. Currently I have a awesome girlfriend who is 9 years younger than me and could careless if I was bald or not, the only reason I want to keep my hair is for me and no one else. So to all the good looking guys on the forum, I just want to say thank you for all the input cause you guys have helped a lot.

To all the new hair loss victims, I just have a few things to say. What ever route you pick, stick with it (I personally have chosen not to use propecia). Look on the internet all you want for a cure but its just not there, so stick with what you are doing. I have the strangest hair loss, I have thick hair on the back of my head and a strip of thick hair of the sides of my head. I have thinning hair on the top of my ears. I wish it was unique but it is not, so I just deal with it, but guys, end of the day just fight it and deal with it the best you can. I have buzzed my hair to zero many times and pulled a ton of chicks, and trust me taking care of your body and having confidence will get you much farther than hair.

Also I can see that if you are 20 you are thinking all you need is 10 more years of hair, but trust me that is how 30 year old guys like me feel and I am sure that is how 40 year old guys feel and so on.

eix

Reaction score
Wow that last sentence haha. I guess you do have a point but I will say that younger folk experience male pattern baldness are judged harsher by their peers than the peers of older gentlemen. Simply because maturity and better insight, hopefully. Although, I'm sure there are some really immature gentlemen at the higher age spectrum but regardless, I stick to my statement. But you are absolutely correct, a better physique > head of hair.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest I feel that majority of guys on this site are/were also "ridiculously ridiculous good looking" guys and that is why we are in the same place.

That's the wonderful thing about hair loss. One day you can be Brad Pitt and then a year later George Constanza.

rapidpan

Reaction score
To all the new hair loss victims, I just have a few things to say. What ever route you pick, stick with it (I personally have chosen not to use propecia). Look on the internet all you want for a cure but its just not there, so stick with what you are doing. I have the strangest hair loss, I have thick hair on the back of my head and a strip of thick hair of the sides of my head. I have thinning hair on the top of my ears. I wish it was unique but it is not, so I just deal with it, but guys, end of the day just fight it and deal with it the best you can. I have buzzed my hair to zero many times and pulled a ton of chicks, and trust me taking care of your body and having confidence will get you much farther than hair.

With the technology of today and modern medicine there are so many different options to choose from when trying to reverse hair loss. I don't think people realize all of the resources available in the market today. And even though they might not be able to find a "cure" on the internet there are definitely sources of information to help. Unless you see the Bosley commercials on TV like I do everyday the internet is the next best place to find a starting point. Thank you for your post. And I hope you continue to have good luck on your hair journey.

heisenberg

Reaction score
Also I can see that if you are 20 you are thinking all you need is 10 more years of hair, but trust me that is how 30 year old guys like me feel and I am sure that is how 40 year old guys feel and so on.

Yeah, I can see that - but at least the person got to enjoy their twenties or the majority of it. Starting to bald at 16, I'm too embarrassed to go to night clubs most of the time. My 4 years at college, I probably went out for drinks under 10 times .. I'm always going to have that regret.