Safety and efficacy of ALRV5XR in men with androgenetic alopecia: A randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Safety and efficacy of ALRV5XR in men with androgenetic alopecia: A randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial

"ALRV5XR was designed to target various of the multiple underlying physiological causes of hair loss. The agent is a formulation of standardised botanical extracts, vitamins, and minerals that can be delivered both systemically, as a supplement, or topically, as a shampoo, conditioner, or follicle serum."

"Results from published clinical trials and meta-analyses of current standard therapy showed that 48 weeks of treatment resulted in average gains of hair density of 11·5 THs/cm2 for 2% minoxidil, 14·9 THs/cm2 for 5% minoxidil, and 14·8 THs/cm2 for 1 mg finasteride. The efficacy of ALRV5XR reported in this study displays clear superiority over those results. Indeed, after 12 weeks, ALRV5XR's efficacy of 10·9 THs/cm2 reaches 73 to 94% of the 48 week efficacy of standard therapy. At 24 weeks and with an efficacy of 21·0 THs/cm2, ALRV5XR reached gains that are 141 to 182% of those corresponding to the efficacy established for standard therapies at 48 weeks. Longer-term studies are needed to further confirm the apparent linear progression of the linear effect of ALRV5XR treatment. The current results suggest that TH regrowth to more than 40 THs/cm2 over 48 weeks may be possible."

results.jpg

This is another "natural" scam isn't it? Sample size is a meager 46 participants. Not only that but when you break down the effects in the trimodal response group, it doesn't sound as convincing.

"By week 24, the TH density response profile of the ALRV5XR treated group displayed a trimodal distribution of hair regrowth response, with 45·5% of the group behaving as low responders (0–5 THs/cm2), 36·4% as moderate responders (10–20 THs/cm2), and 18·2% as high responders (> 25 THs/cm2). Nevertheless, when evaluated on a percentage basis at 24 weeks, all ALRV5XR subjects were more uniformly distributed. This response pattern suggests that approximately 45% of the ALRV5XR subjects will at least maintain their baseline TH while mildly improving their TH density. Of note, approximately 55% of men will have important favourable responses, regardless of individual characteristics. In clear contrast, 50% and 81·8% of the placebo group subjects decreased their TH density at weeks 12 and 24, respectively."

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lost me on vitamins
I went through their informative oroduct brochure. So they attack Androgenetic Alopecia from 21 different angles. First on their list is DHT, which they claim to deal with by using "numerous natural substances". IMO the product is completely bunk based off this alone, since no natural products are as effective as finasteride against DHT. However, it's hard to argue against the claimed results of their study.

EDIT: I went through their exclusion criteria. They make a long list of exclusions but notably, they don't exclude people who were on hair loss therapies (minoxidil / finasteride) in the past 6 months. Rather, they just write that patients were instructed not to use such products in the 30 days leading up to the baseline assessment; in other words, they were free to resume prior treatments after the baseline assessment!

This is a western company. They are not allowed to outright lie about the efficacy of their product, but I believe they are allowed to be as misleading as I just gave an example of.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

"ALRV5XR was designed to target various of the multiple underlying physiological causes of hair loss. The agent is a formulation of standardised botanical extracts, vitamins, and minerals that can be delivered both systemically, as a supplement, or topically, as a shampoo, conditioner, or follicle serum."

"Results from published clinical trials and meta-analyses of current standard therapy showed that 48 weeks of treatment resulted in average gains of hair density of 11·5 THs/cm2 for 2% minoxidil, 14·9 THs/cm2 for 5% minoxidil, and 14·8 THs/cm2 for 1 mg finasteride. The efficacy of ALRV5XR reported in this study displays clear superiority over those results. Indeed, after 12 weeks, ALRV5XR's efficacy of 10·9 THs/cm2 reaches 73 to 94% of the 48 week efficacy of standard therapy. At 24 weeks and with an efficacy of 21·0 THs/cm2, ALRV5XR reached gains that are 141 to 182% of those corresponding to the efficacy established for standard therapies at 48 weeks. Longer-term studies are needed to further confirm the apparent linear progression of the linear effect of ALRV5XR treatment. The current results suggest that TH regrowth to more than 40 THs/cm2 over 48 weeks may be possible."

View attachment 178474

This is another "natural" scam isn't it? Sample size is a meager 46 participants. Not only that but when you break down the effects in the trimodal response group, it doesn't sound as convincing.

"By week 24, the TH density response profile of the ALRV5XR treated group displayed a trimodal distribution of hair regrowth response, with 45·5% of the group behaving as low responders (0–5 THs/cm2), 36·4% as moderate responders (10–20 THs/cm2), and 18·2% as high responders (> 25 THs/cm2). Nevertheless, when evaluated on a percentage basis at 24 weeks, all ALRV5XR subjects were more uniformly distributed. This response pattern suggests that approximately 45% of the ALRV5XR subjects will at least maintain their baseline TH while mildly improving their TH density. Of note, approximately 55% of men will have important favourable responses, regardless of individual characteristics. In clear contrast, 50% and 81·8% of the placebo group subjects decreased their TH density at weeks 12 and 24, respectively."
Is there any improvement?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you not gauge that from the text you quoted
Sarcasm. Maybe it's 10% as they say, but it's clearly not as good as minoxidil