Safe dose of finasteride + dutasteride, ideas? (Stopping minoxidil)

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi all,

After a month on Minoxidil, I'm going to have to stop using it. The problem is I'm allergic to it. About a week after starting using it I developed flu like symptoms akin to hayfever, and after some testing it appears that it's an allergic reaction to the Minoxodil, which is a pity as it seemed to be working.

Anyway, I am now considering adding some Dutasteride to my regimen, but as I am happy with the results of the Finasteride so far, I don't want to stop using it. What are your opinions on adding a dose of Avodart?

Darren

G

If you do this then I guess you are going to block more DHT. Afterall, it could be no more worse than taking a double dose of finasteride.

They block the same chemical so it's up to you really.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you saying you want to use both finasteride and dutasteride together? If so that is a very strong combination, it probly will stop your balding and you will get some back, but you risk having very strong side effects.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
If you're happy with the results you've got from finasteride over the past year perhaps you should stick with it until at least the 18 month mark before considering dutasteride - from the regrowth you've had so far finasteride could easily improve your hair further over the next 6 months.

As for combining finasteride and dutasteride, I can't see the point. They're both competitive inhibitors of the 5a-reductaze enzymes so surely, as dutasteride blocks such a high percentage, continuing with finasteride would make no significant difference to DHT levels.

Slarti