S5, dutas, rogaine but still losing the fight

FellOnBlackDays

Reaction score
Hey guys, 1st time poster, long time browser. 25 y/o and jumped from finasteride to dutas (1x per day) about a year and a half ago. Began using s5 a year ago; rogaine 5 years ago. In the last 6 months my right temple has thinned out quite noticeably, while my left side has stayed strong. I cut my hair low (1 clipper) and use nizoral regularly.

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel I'm losing ground despite being on a strong regimen. Sometimes I feel that my time has come and there's nothing I can do to combat hair loss. At other times I feel there may be something missing from my routine. I don't expect to hear anything on this forum that I don't already know, but I figured I would just throw my situation out there.

My best days are when my hair doesn't cross my mind. Anyway, thanx in advance and good luck guys.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
The only things you could really do is try one of the expensive experimental drugs like RU or that other one...they're both topical, there's plenty of info in the experimental forum thread.

The other would be to maybe try another type of minoxidil. Another brand, or try foam if you're on liquid (or vice versa), or maybe one of those higher percentage types.

Keep fighting!!

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I don't know what else you can do other than what theGrayMan2001 suggested.

Your hair loss actually sounds like mine, one of my temples has stayed relatively in tact while the other one slowly keeps thinning. Can you post a pic?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You work in an office? Do overtime?
Do you drink milk or consume dairy? If so, how much and how often?
With Rogaine, do you skip applications - meaning, let a day pass without applying it? Did you switch brands?
Thanks.