s5 cream??

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
It's hard to apply spironolactone in the crown area. Make sure spironolactone gets to the scalp.

I know, I'm testing the cream just there because the crown is more likely to thicken or even regrow than the frontal/hairline. Let's see what happens.

:)

rcom440

Reaction score
guybrush said:
rcom440 said:
because the crown is more likely to thicken or even regrowth than the frontal/hairline. Let's see what happens.

:)

Not always.
Sometimes you would be surprised what results you may get in frontal area.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Sometimes you would be suppressed what results you may get in frontal area.

Suprised, not suppressed.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
So what spironolactone product do you guys recommend for my situation? I have diffuse thinning on top in a NW4 pattern. FYi-Even though it works, I can't tolerate Finasteride. I am on 5% minoxidil Kirkland but I am still losing ground....fast.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
baller234 said:
Is anyone worried about the caffeine in s5? I know there was that one study at that European University that showed how topical caffeine stopped and partially reversed testosterone induced damage to hair follicles in vitro but there has also been some concern over the fact that caffiene competes with adenosine for the same receptor.

Apparently adenosine plays a role in hair growth (angiogenesis) and blocking it could potentially cause problems for hair growth unrelated to androgens in the long term.

Can someone more familiar with caffeine and adenosine shed some light on this topic?

bump

rcom440

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
So what spironolactone product do you guys recommend for my situation? I have diffuse thinning on top in a NW4 pattern. FYi-Even though it works, I can't tolerate Finasteride. I am on 5% minoxidil Kirkland but I am still losing ground....fast.

Try spironolactone cream and spironolactone liquid from Dr. Lee. You need antiandrogens to fight dht.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
baller234 said:
baller234 said:
Is anyone worried about the caffeine in s5? I know there was that one study at that European University that showed how topical caffeine stopped and partially reversed testosterone induced damage to hair follicles in vitro but there has also been some concern over the fact that caffiene competes with adenosine for the same receptor.

Apparently adenosine plays a role in hair growth (angiogenesis) and blocking it could potentially cause problems for hair growth unrelated to androgens in the long term.

Can someone more familiar with caffeine and adenosine shed some light on this topic?

bump

Seriously no one has an opinion on this?

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
baller234 said:

Interesting. Anyone have a link to that study please?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
RCom and DaveStep,
Please tell me which spironolactone product you are using?

rcom440

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
RCom and DaveStep,
Please tell me which spironolactone product you are using?

I use both S5 and Dr. Lee 5% spironolactone cream

davestep

Reaction score
I use s5 cream bought through the this site. But looks like i'm gona have to change to dr lee's next as i see it's never in stock here anymore.

I personally like the stuff. Easy to use, feel like i'm loosing less hair, just don't expect miracles but that goes for most products.

rcom - i'm intrigued, you use both? Whats the reason for this? do you use 1 in the morning and the other at night? Just wondered why, do you think it makes it alot more effective, i thought they were both pretty much the same or am i mistaken?

rcom440

Reaction score
davestep said:
I use s5 cream bought through the this site. But looks like i'm gona have to change to dr lee's next as i see it's never in stock here anymore.

I personally like the stuff. Easy to use, feel like i'm loosing less hair, just don't expect miracles but that goes for most products.

rcom - i'm intrigued, you use both? Whats the reason for this? do you use 1 in the morning and the other at night? Just wondered why, do you think it makes it alot more effective, i thought they were both pretty much the same or am i mistaken?

Yes I wanted to try both to see whats the difference between the. DR Lee's doesnt have strong smell.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend one over the other? Do you find one to be more effective? Thanks:)

rcom440

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Do you recommend one over the other? Do you find one to be more effective? Thanks:)

5% spironolactone is 5% spironolactone.

Townsend

Reaction score
Any idea on when S5 will be back in stock? OR, alternatively...where can I buy Dr. Lee's?

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, i've been treating my hairloss for about 4 months now, maybe nearly 5. my hair seems to be the same thankfully, but i'm not sure, could still be slowly thinning so i've decided i might add this. I mean, i'm not using any DHT blocker, just Revita, Spectral DNC, and Apple polys

Aslong as it's used sparingly, there shouldn't be any side effects with spironolactone right?