s5 cream??

Hecfield

Reaction score
5% Spironolactone, 1% caffeine and 0.025% Retinoic Acid/Retin-A, whatever you fancy.

Only disconcerting thing is no inactive ingredients are listed.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Yes spironolactone cream is a scam :jackit:

davestep

Reaction score
I don't think it's a scam atall,

i've been on it for about 3 months now, i agree, it's no where near as strong as oral finasteride. But like me if you cant take finasteride due to bad sides, its a great topical product to add. I really do think it helps slow down my hair loss.

i wish i used it before my hairloss started.

it's easy to use, no smell, not noticeable when on.

i reckon it would be best for people before they have noticeable hairloss, just use this cos its safe and easy

Obsidian

Reaction score
I have seen cases on other websites where guys used spironolactone cream with noticable hair loss in a trio of minoxidil and Nizoral and they halted their hairloss pretty well.

casken

Reaction score
I added the S5 cream after my first propecia shed and used it consistently for almost six months. It hasn't helped reduced shedding or loss, and did nothing to help me during my second propecia shed. But adding fluridil did nothing to prevent my third propecia shed either, so maybe it's just me.

I do still use it because it actually seems help with my scalp acne. It will greatly reduce or eliminate a scalp pimple in a day or two rather than it lingering for a few days to a week.

abcdefg

Reaction score
spironolactone is only as reliable as the source you buy it from. Its foolish to think people do not counterfeit expensive male pattern baldness treatments when the average person has no way of verifying any of it.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I've added S5 to my regimen, mainly for the caffeine and retinol. I honestly thing these two ingredient will help more than the spironolactone itself.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
anyone with results?

looks like another scam to me.

Are you referring to the legitmacy of the ingredients in the s5 cream or the efficacy of topical spironolactone in general?

I think the problem with topical spironolactone in general is that it's too weak (as previously stated). Byitself all I think it's capable of doing is slowing down the process. I don't think it's strong enough to thicken existing hair unless the damage was VERY recent.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
It's pretty rare to find posts where people knew without a doubt that spironolactone cream or lotion was helping. So many people do not know if it was the spironolactone, or the internal Finasteride they take. I'm willing to bet the Finasteride was the reason for their success.

rcom440

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
It's pretty rare to find posts where people knew without a doubt that spironolactone cream or lotion was helping. So many people do not know if it was the spironolactone, or the internal Finasteride they take. I'm willing to bet the Finasteride was the reason for their success.

I don't take finasteride and I know for sure that spironolactone thickened my hair.
Not all of us take finasteride and spironolactone, ask other people who just take spironolactone if it helped them maintain.

davestep

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
timallen45 said:

I don't take finasteride and I know for sure that spironolactone thickened my hair.
Not all of us take finasteride and spironolactone, ask other people who just take spironolactone if it helped them maintain.

i agree,
i just take spironolactone and nanominnox fms. Yes it isn't stopping my hairloss but it definately is helping. Imo, any help at all is good. It really reduces the amount of hair i see on my hands when shampooing. I wish i had started using spironolactone before my hairloss started, i reckon i would have gained years that way.
i like it.

casken

Reaction score
Noah89 said:
5% Spironolactone, 1% caffeine and 0.025% Retinoic Acid/Retin-A, whatever you fancy.

I'd really like to know what the cream is made of because I actually like the way the cream feels in my hair and might want to use it for styling, but without the smell of the spironolactone.

I wonder if there is a styling product with similar consistency.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
DaveStep and Rcom,
Are you both using the S5?
What type of thinning do you have and where applying it?
Have you tried the 2% spironolactone beforehand? If so, notice difference? I hear the 2% is better for people thinning all over the top (easier to apply).
Are you sure it is not going systemic at all?? A couple people on here told me they had to quit as it was going systemic (e.g. nipples tingling & feeling odd).

rcom440

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
DaveStep and Rcom,
Are you both using the S5?
What type of thinning do you have and where applying it?
Have you tried the 2% spironolactone beforehand? If so, notice difference? I hear the 2% is better for people thinning all over the top (easier to apply).
Are you sure it is not going systemic at all?? A couple people on here told me they had to quit as it was going systemic (e.g. nipples tingling & feeling odd).

Ive been using S5 and Dr. Lee's spironolactone cream, you can read my small studies and comparison somewhere on "Antiandrogens & Androgen Blockers".

I apply spironolactone cream to my hairline and crown but I'm not a diffuse thinner
I never used 2% liquid but I've read a good things about it especially when it comes to the crown and vertex.

I've never noticed any side effects from spironolactone. I think it can happen to some people but percentage is extremely small. It's pretty safe drug.

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
kenneth said:
Noah89 said:

I'd really like to know what the cream is made of because I actually like the way the cream feels in my hair and might want to use it for styling, but without the smell of the spironolactone.

I wonder if there is a styling product with similar consistency.

Here's the complete ingredient list taken from this website:

5% Spironolactone, 1% Caffeine, 0.025% Retinol, Menthol, Rosemary Oil

baller234

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone worried about the caffeine in s5? I know there was that one study at that European University that showed how topical caffeine stopped and partially reversed testosterone induced damage to hair follicles in vitro but there has also been some concern over the fact that caffiene competes with adenosine for the same receptor.

Apparently adenosine plays a role in hair growth (angiogenesis) and blocking it could potentially cause problems for hair growth unrelated to androgens in the long term.

Can someone more familiar with caffeine and adenosine shed some light on this topic?

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440: How long have you been on spironolactone yet? have you experienced any further improvement?

I've been using Dr. Lee's cream in the crown overnight for nearly 30 days. Hope I can give some positive report in a few months.

Thanks!

rcom440

Reaction score
guybrush said:
rcom440: How long have you been on spironolactone yet? have you experienced any further improvement?

I've been using Dr. Lee's cream in the crown overnight for nearly 30 days. Hope I can give some positive report in a few months.

Thanks!

I've been using spironolactone for around 8 months. After a month of using it, I noticed less shedding.
My hair seems to be thicker and I see only few hair when it shower shower.

It's hard to apply spironolactone in the crown area. Make sure spironolactone gets to the scalp.