s5 cream??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
I do believe Prox-n and proxiphen could work to some extent but they can never come close to the effectiveness of Finasteride.

I'm really curious as to why you said that. Please explain why you believe that!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1.Looking at the list of ingredients,most of them have been tried individually by people for like the last ten years and there haven't been any documented success stories.

2.DHT being the key cause for hairloss in susceptible individuals,there doesn't seem to be an effective antiandrogen in there.People have already tried spironolactone and copper peptides separately and haven't reported any success with those.

I haven't tried it personally although I am thinking of giving Prox-n a shot in the distant future but from a financial point of view,its just scary considering the amount of money that I am already spending for my hair.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
1.Looking at the list of ingredients,most of them have been tried individually by people for like the last ten years and there haven't been any documented success stories.

And THERE'S the rub. Other than the list of rave reviews from Proxiphen users that I've posted in the past, a few others have talked about using maybe ONE or TWO Proxiphen ingredients at a time, like maybe spironolactone and minoxidil. spironolactone and minoxidil do not Proxiphen make! What about the remaining dozen or so ingredients in Proxiphen? :)

mpbsux20 said:
2.DHT being the key cause for hairloss in susceptible individuals,there doesn't seem to be an effective antiandrogen in there.

I agree that topical spironolactone isn't particularly powerful as an antiandrogen, but it's certainly better than nothing at all.

mpbsux20 said:
People have already tried spironolactone and copper peptides separately and haven't reported any success with those.

They have "tried" spironolactone and the copper peptides in such products as Tricomin and Folligen, but they haven't "tried" the turbocharged SODs in Proxiphen like TEMPO/TEMPOL and PBN, which are apparently the most potent ingredients of all. And that doesn't even include other ingredients in Proxiphen whose identity has never been revealed or even hinted at by Dr. Proctor. And after all that, you're still convinced that "Prox-n and proxiphen could work to some extent but they can never come close to the effectiveness of Finasteride"?? :dunno: :smack: :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If it really were to be more effective than finasteride,people would be going totally crazy over it and maybe we would have had cheaper generics too.I dont know man the stuff is a little too expensive for me to think about right now.I dont hear a lot of guys reporting success with it and there haven't been any studies confirming its potency apart from Dr.Proctor's observations.

To be honest,I am actually interested in the product as it is easily available[Prox-n] and you being an experienced & respected poster here backing up this product & all that,has just increased my interest in it.Like I said earlier,I am thinking of giving it a try in the distant future[when my current treatments dont give me desirable results] if nothing better is available. :)

Do you seriously believe this is more effective than finasteride in terms of long term maintanance ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
If it really were to be more effective than finasteride,people would be going totally crazy over it and maybe we would have had cheaper generics too.

People aren't "going totally crazy" over Proxiphen, I believe, for rather simple and prosaic reasons: (1) it's still quite expensive, and (2) Dr. Proctor just doesn't seem to be interested in pushing it or advertising it very much. Just about the only reason people know about it AT ALL, is probably just from the posts I've made about it on occasion! :) It astonishes me that there are long threads about the horrible side effects of Propecia on all the hairloss sites, and yet so many people don't even seem to know what I'm talking about when I ask "So have you tried Proxiphen, and Dr. Proctor's other products??" Even though it's expensive, Proxiphen would appear to be tailor-made for people who can't tolerate Propecia.

mpbsux20 said:
I dont know man the stuff is a little too expensive for me to think about right now.I dont hear a lot of guys reporting success with it and there haven't been any studies confirming its potency apart from Dr.Proctor's observations.

I agree with you that it's expensive, although I've also seen a lot of guys post about how much $$$ they're spending on things that I have even less of an opinion about, like (just as one example) Dr. Lee's 15% minoxidil and azelaic acid product. Other people have talked about how much that stuff costs, and I personally have a lot more doubt about it than I do Proxiphen.

mpbsux20 said:
To be honest,I am actually interested in the product as it is easily available[Prox-n] and you being an experienced & respected poster here backing up this product & all that,has just increased my interest in it.Like I said earlier,I am thinking of giving it a try in the distant future[when my current treatments dont give me desirable results] if nothing better is available. :)

In general, I think that's a pretty good policy. Many years ago, when I first got interested in this stuff, I remember seeing posts from guys on alt.baldspot saying that his products were more for people who weren't getting any success with the standard kinds of treatments.

mpbsux20 said:
Do you seriously believe this is more effective than finasteride in terms of long term maintanance ?

I'm not sure about that, and it's a question I'd love to ask Dr. Proctor! Even though I spent a lot of time on alt.baldspot talking to him (and other people) about numerous issues regarding hair loss, it was well before I read that 1999 study by Vera Price which pointed out that topical minoxidil gives only an "offset of growth" to hair, without really interfering with the fundamental balding process (which is my own interpretation of Dr. Price's results); is the same thing true of Proxiphen? I imagine that it _does_ interfere with the fundamental balding process to some extent at the very least, because of the spironolactone in it, and the various powerful SODs (TEMPO/TEMPOL, and PBN).

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'm pretty close to trying Proxiphen (RX) but I guess my problem is like said, spironolactone ain't nothing to write home about but if you used it twice a day it might be close enough in terms of maintenance. Plus I liked Prox-N and Nano.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The spironolactone content would be at (or near) the bottom of my list of reasons to try Proxiphen.

Obsidian

Reaction score
So hair regrowth instead?

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
HT55,he said it already that proxiphen is expensive.I do believe Prox-n and proxiphen could work to some extent but they can never come close to the effectiveness of Finasteride.

When he writes his trademark Proctor quote that "Proxiphen is UNQUESTIONABLY more effective than Propecia alone" price is never an issue. I was just pointing out that Propecia (real propecia which most people still use) is far from cheap.

You see he can't back up what he says so his spins the converstaion to suit him.

Notice how he NEVER posts any photos, ask him why. Take a look at his photos ( if he can find them, yea OK, lol) and decide for yourself if it was a success, Success to Brian means he was still bald. I saw quotes from peole who saw his pics asking which was the before and after, that right there should tell you something.

Brian could easily take photos today and use the products he pushes and PROVE to us that they work, ask him why he doesn't, ask him why he isn't even using the products he reccomends to others today.

He has every excuse in the world as to why Proctors products are not well known, maybe someday he will figure out ( actually he already knows it but will never admit it) it's because they don't work any better than liquid minoxidil which happens to be an ingredient in Proxiphen

hocker

Reaction score
Can anybody help me how to make a home made spironolactone in % 5 ratio. i have pure spironolactone powder in hand and i want to know how to solve it in solution or in which body lotions...By the way it doesnt fully solved in ethanol , ppg and water mixture ...

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
hocker said:
Can anybody help me how to make a home made spironolactone in % 5 ratio. i have pure spironolactone powder in hand and i want to know how to solve it in solution or in which body lotions...By the way it doesnt fully solved in ethanol , ppg and water mixture ...

You might want to go for something a bit more 'lotiony'.

I've personally used e45 cream and vodka, but i don't think the vodka is of any use tbh.

Dermovan used to get used a lot as well.

Some people use Aloe Vera.

hocker

Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
hocker said:

You might want to go for something a bit more 'lotiony'.

I've personally used e45 cream and vodka, but i don't think the vodka is of any use tbh.

Dermovan used to get used a lot as well.

Some people use Aloe Vera.

thank you man.but i have found the way to solve it... when you give a little heat to your spironolactone solution in ppgethanol and water it solves easily and that white powder disappears...and it doesnt come back when it becomes cold again...

if anyone interested in gettting a pure spironolactone powder.. i can supply it...

hocker

Reaction score
what about when you combine spironolactone with minoxidil treatment? wont it be very effective? spironolactone stops hair loss and minoxidil promotes regrowth...

decro435 said:
spironolactone stops DHT binding to the androgen....

Therefore , if you were to have spironolactone applied to your head twice a day for 6 months , then in those 6 months you will have lost much less(don't know exactly how effective it is) of what you would have lost if you didn't have spironolactone on. Therefore it is a great treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia but it is annoying to apply. The people who would get the best benefit out of it would be the people with shaved heads. One thing to note is that you will not see any regrowth from spironolactone unlike minoxidil and Finasteride. This is why some people claim it hasn't done anything for them.

So for those people with shaved heads applying spironolactone 5% cream in the morning and at night will dramatically reduce how much hair you will lose. You will still lose hair because it does not fully disable the Androgenetic Alopecia process. It would be a great accessory to use with finasteride. Now if we could get our hands on a commercial product of RU58841 then we'd be able to nearly completely halt the Androgenetic Alopecia process without any side effects.

I recommend fully using the S5 cream especially if you have a shaved head to slow down male pattern baldness, just don't expect to go any hair from it.

abcdefg

Reaction score
How can you know that your gyno was not an after effect still from finasteride and it was from spironolactone? Its impossible to say since no one knows how or why gyno happens other then just saying to much estrogen. No one can guarantee that after you gyno shows up stopping finasteride fixes the problem and your back to before you ever tried it. The gyno might have been from finasteride still.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think anyone wants to use finasteride and change their hormone levels if they did not have to. Which is why topicals are so tempting, but the problem is no one knows anything about any of them. We basically just guess at everything and hope it works. Also some of the topicals get absorbed systemically anyways defeating the purpose or are just down right rip off expensive with no idea if it even works. We definitely need an FDA approved topical sooner rather then later.
Its like wrinkle creams and things like that its just a big jungle of lies and deceit where its expensive and impossible to know what works and what does not.

aiyashlife

Reaction score
If anyone is wondering whether or not S5 cream works... it does! I was very skeptical about it too.

I used minoxidil twice a day, keto shampoo once a day or every other day, and S5 morning and before bed. When I don't use S5 I'll be shampooing and notice over a dozen hairs in my hand but when I'm on it I'll only have two or three (the normal amount since my teens). And both times I was using an anabolic steroid that causes accelerated male pattern baldness.

For better application a poster on another hair loss forum recommended putting the cream into an elmers glue bottle, I've done this and can say that its very effective. I've gotten better coverage and none of it gets wasted like when I tried to spread it on using my fingers.

The company should really package these in applicator bottles and sell them at the convenience store. Great product! (but it would be nice if it were a little cheaper)

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
aiyashlife said:
If anyone is wondering whether or not S5 cream works... it does! I was very skeptical about it too.

I used minoxidil twice a day, keto shampoo once a day or every other day, and S5 morning and before bed. When I don't use S5 I'll be shampooing and notice over a dozen hairs in my hand but when I'm on it I'll only have two or three (the normal amount since my teens). And both times I was using an anabolic steroid that causes accelerated male pattern baldness.

For better application a poster on another hair loss forum recommended putting the cream into an elmers glue bottle, I've done this and can say that its very effective. I've gotten better coverage and none of it gets wasted like when I tried to spread it on using my fingers.

The company should really package these in applicator bottles and sell them at the convenience store. Great product! (but it would be nice if it were a little cheaper)

Yes...the price is not very nice...can some one say,should i use S5 cream twice a day or just once?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
maximiliandreams said:
aiyashlife said:

Yes...the price is not very nice...can some one say,should i use S5 cream twice a day or just once?

Use it twice daily. It's a weak anti androgen so get the most out of it.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Propecia goes off patent in 2013 right? So next year we can buy cheap generic propecia without fighting with out doctor to prescribe proscar off label.