S5 Cream Alternative 2% - 5% Good News!

jazz1

Reaction score
Hi Guys I have some good news for everyone who used S5 cream like myself from Hairlosstalk shop.

They have now discontinued the whole 5% Spironolactone cream! So I have managed to speak with Murray Avenue Apothecary and The Médical Wellness Center who can prescribe the same formula. This way you have a legit prescription, I will keep everyone updated on the good news as the formulations will be 2% and 5%

Thanks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Okay, but the real question is does spironolactone cream of any concencration really do anything for male pattern baldness? People have tried the stuff more than a decade ago. Heck I tried it many years ago. I didnt see any results from anyone. Does it stop male pattern baldness? If it doesnt what is the point?

jazz1

Reaction score
Okay, but the real question is does spironolactone cream of any concencration really do anything for male pattern baldness? People have tried the stuff more than a decade ago. Heck I tried it many years ago. I didnt see any results from anyone. Does it stop male pattern baldness? If it doesnt what is the point?

Hey I use it when I am on creatine to minimise scalp DHT, topically it is very mild anti androgen compared to finesteride or topical finesteride. I use Murray Avenue Apothecary 15% minoxidil finesteride mixture which works fantastic for me.

I know there are many people who used S5 cream for years hence why Hairlosstalk have always sold it via their shop. I guess it all depends on the individuals and how good responders they are to anti androgen blockers or DHT blockers.

I am just trying to help the community as S5 Cream is no longer available due to the fact you need a prescription. So I have done my best to find everyone a private doctor to prescribe 2/5% and the compounding pharmacy to formulate the cream/lotions for Topical Spironolactone.

I will post all the details this week, as mentioned they even sell topical finesteride mixtures and everything is ONLY sold once you done the consult/prescription online, once approved they email your prescription to Murray Avenue Apothecary.

I hope this helps everyone and the community, as I know some people were complaining on the other forums since S5 cream is no longer available they have lost hair.

bald2thebone

Reaction score
That's great news jazz1! I've been using S5 plus cream for about a year and like it and was hoping there was a legitimate way to purchase more in the future. Please keep us posted! In the meantime I have some spironolactone tablets that I want to crush up and turn into a topical cream. Does anyone know of a good way to do that?

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score