Ryansworld's story

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Conclusion
Its been along time since I posted here. Around 8 month I believe. I've come back to tell everyone how things are going and to cut it short things aint good. I've been off finasteride for several months after experiencing some nasty sides that I noted in my previous post back in June. As of now things are better but not 100% I'm still having sexual dysfunction I say sexual dysfunction because its more then just my penis that's not fully working. In the past 8 months I've been very ill and visited the doctor many times. I've been told my liver function is poor and I'm scheduled for a biopsy soon. Aside from that IL tell you how I've been since stopping finasteride. Back in June my libido was rock bottom I couldn't get or maintain an erection. I felt like a walking zombie. Fast forward to now and things are just the same. Weak erection, Low libido, No penis sensation, Low ejaculate volume, Low ejaculate power. I've had every blood test out there. Testosterone, dht, estrogens, cortisol, thyroid, vitamin & mineral deficiencies. Everything coming back normal. Personally I believe the finasteride has messed with the signals between my brain and my penis. My mind often wonders while trying to have sex. p**rn doesn't even excite me. I feel as though I could go forever without sex and wouldn't be bothered. I also think the finasteride has somehow irritated my prostate. I have very healthy sperm but low ejaculate fluid. I've had no test on my prostate so I'm not sure for certain. I'm not here to put anyone off using finasteride I'm sure its different for every man. But one thing is for sure if I could go back now know what this has done to me I would never have even considered finasteride. To everyone that's thinking about this drug please think about it because the side effects are very real. Good luck all. Regards, Ryan.

I have been losing my hair for around 3 years now started with a temple loss the front of my scalp has started thinning Ive ordered propecia from the internet and should be here in approx 3 weeks. currently Ive been using Kirkland minoxidil 5% for 2 weeks and Alpacin caffeine shampoo daily. Planning to start using nizoral 1% tonight. Here is my current hair state with my upcoming regime. Wish me luck :) Oh can anyone tell me where i would fit in on the norwood scale?

Regime...
Kirkland minoxidil 5% | Twice per day
Nizoral 1% | every third day
Finpecia 1mg | everyday
Alpacin caffeine shampoo | everyday except when using nizoral
Omega 3 fish oil | everyday (Dunno if these help but Ive taken them for months)

Photos.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Regards, Ryan.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: How my hair currently looks. And upcoming regime.

~NW3? how old are you?

Ryansworld

Reaction score

2020 said:
~NW3? how old are you?

Il be 22 in July be receding for about 3 years. Is there still hope or does it vary from person to person?

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Ryansworld said:
2020 said:
~NW3? how old are you?

Il be 22 in July be receding for about 3 years. Is there still hope or does it vary from person to person?

at 21 your male pattern baldness seems to be aggressive.... anyways, your regimen is good(use 2% nizoral instead of 1% though) and you will probably maintain your hair for the next ~5 years.
Good news is that by that time there will be better treatments available so you shouldn't ever go bald...

Ryansworld

Reaction score

2020 said:
Ryansworld said:
2020 said:
~NW3? how old are you?

at 21 your male pattern baldness seems to be aggressive.... anyways, your regimen is good(use 2% nizoral instead of 1% though) and you will probably maintain your hair for the next ~5 years.
Good news is that by that time there will be better treatments available so you shouldn't ever go bald...

Thanks for your input. My heart sank slightly when you told me i looked like NW3 and it look aggressive. I'm gonna take monthly photos and post them on here and keep everyone updated. Ordered some generic finasteride today but may not arrive untill 3 weeks. Been using minoxidil for almost 3 weeks and now added nizoral to the mix. Il add more photos the 1st or every month.

Reaction score
Re: How my hair currently looks. Will update regulary.

Hey Ryan, Don't get down, you have a cool U shape hairline, I have a V shaped hairline (much worse) and would much prefer yours. Although your pics aren't the clearest it looks like you have lots of those little baby hairs round your hairline, which for some turn into proper hair with minoxidil and finasteride. Also, even if your hairloss is aggressive, its pretty recent, you are catching it early and you are young, all pluses when fighting male pattern baldness :) Good luck and keep positive. You never know, you could be a super responder. Or even if you maintain, that's pretty cool right!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Theres every reason to suspect you could have good results, you have caught it early enough so you are giving yourself every chance, and like lapsedpacifist says, you have plenty of hairs that will hopefully thicken up, plus catching it while you are young means that you have the best chance you ever will of turning it rounf. all the best.

Ryansworld

Reaction score

I still have a lot clear baby hairs in front of the strong hairs in the pictures. Front of hairline has only started thinning past 4 month. i have thick heavy hair that i always cut short. I hope i can at least regain an inch or so of my hairline.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Trying now is certainly giving yourself the best chance!

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score

2020 said:
Ryansworld said:
2020 said:
~NW3? how old are you?

How are you so optimistic? Any clues?

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score

Man in Space said:
Trying now is certainly giving yourself the best chance!

MIN is the best guy around here.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Haha team me!

Your a legend too Gazza, these boards are a lot more interesting for the big characters like you on them!

Ryansworld

Reaction score

Well ive been using minoxidil for 3 weeks now and my hair has begun to shed. My hairline has receded a little more and the front is also alot thinner. Cant really estimate how much im losing because my hair is pretty short. Ordered some Caboki hairloss concealer to take my mind off the shedding. I know now why this is the hardest part but i think i got it easy compared to some. Hope it grows back. :shakehead:

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Imagine your hair is like a house that got flooded, at this stage you are still plugging the leaks, the next month or so will see it dry out, then after that the redecorating begins! If you ever come off the meds you will be letting the floodwater back in.

Try to remember that the meds arent causing your hair to go, its your genetic predisposition, if the hairs dont grow back, they never would have anyway, your doing all you can to fight that now so try to feel good about that. Also good idea getting on the Cabooki, hopefully that will give you a bit of confidence. Keep going buddy

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Went to the girlfriends parents over the weekend and forgot to apply the minoxidil on saturday but i don't think one day would hurt... Anyway hair is still shedding but there seems to be new hair appearing towards the front on my hairline. Il make sure i never slip off track again.

Crown is still intact atleast :)

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Update: Ok so today I popped my first finasteride pill! Infact i couldn't wait to swallow it down. Been using minoxidil for approx 1 month and its caused my hairline to shed slightly but nothing to worrying. Hopefully il see some results soon. :)

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good decision getting on the finasteride, fingers crossed it all works out for you, also if your shedding hair at the hairline thats a good sign, minoxidil is stirring the pot up there!

Ryansworld

Reaction score
Update:
Been taking 1mg of finasteride for 9 days now and so far only minimal sides. No erection problems or loss of sex drive yet. But im getting aching pains in my left testicle. Its hurts like hell but only lasts for a few minutes I heard this was normal. As for my hair it seems to be alot darker and has a shine so far no regrowth or significant shedding. So far so good just hope the ball aches subside. Oh and im also planning to add something new to my regime. My biggest concern is my temples and i would love to get back to my old hairline. Ive decided to add 0.5% Retin A gel to the mix. IL apply the gel to my temples n the morning and minoxidil at night. I heard this is more successful. Has anyone tried this and what where your results.

mrfifs

Reaction score
Ryansworld said:
Update:
Been taking 1mg of finasteride for 9 days now and so far only minimal sides. No erection problems or loss of sex drive yet. But im getting aching pains in my left testicle. Its hurts like hell but only lasts for a few minutes I heard this was normal. As for my hair it seems to be alot darker and has a shine so far no regrowth or significant shedding. So far so good just hope the ball aches subside. Oh and im also planning to add something new to my regime. My biggest concern is my temples and i would love to get back to my old hairline. Ive decided to add 0.5% Retin A gel to the mix. IL apply the gel to my temples n the morning and minoxidil at night. I heard this is more successful. Has anyone tried this and what where your results.

hey dude good to hear you took the plunge and got on finasteride.

i was on minoxidil for a year and relatively refuse the fact that i have male pattern baldness. so two weeks back after thorough research i decided on finasteride and on big 3 now. im still shedding but like most said, i hope its the regrowth process.

weird thing is a times the eyes playing a lil trick on you at times i see my hair thick at times i dont. and first day i took finasteride i was brain fog but its gone now.

ive read about applying retin a gel to the mix but not sure about the success of the combination though.

anyway you ever used toppik since ive read in your previous post you are using caboki?

Ryansworld

Reaction score
mrfifs said:
anyway you ever used toppik since ive read in your previous post you are using caboki?
I tried using a concealer for my temples but it was a disaster. It was awkward to apply and the color was not decent match. Decided not to bother with a concealer.