russians ? wound induced hair? baldness reversal with dermapen and compounds?

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://xn--b1abgzobqfdi4gg.xn--p1ai...ategory-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

from hairsite

The recent abundance of threads concerning Mr. Benitah's endeavours notwithstanding, I thought I'd take it upon myself to create yet another one. Reason being, the thing I'm proposing to discuss is technically not Pilox, but, as Bruno told us, a separate project.

(That news has largely been ignored, but I would think I'm not the only one interested in it (there are dozens if not a few hundred people using dermarollers to try and fight the Androgenetic Alopecia, with as many as hundreds of thousands views of the threads regarding dermarolling. If this has the potential to be a better and already available alternative to dermarolling, I think it's worth looking into (not to mention that the ingredients seem to be overlapping with those of the ever so promising Pilox project. End of recursion, a horde of closing parentheses.))))

So what we have now is the Russian site www.thickhair.ru , unearthed by Ross, that namedrops Mr. Benitah heavily, says the product they sell is his invention, and offers it in form of a package of a DermaPen and "two to four" months' supply of the compound for $300 (a DermaPen itself is ~$150 on eBay), which they ship by mail, quite possibly all over the world. Other than that, the site is somewhat shady, although they do make a point of measuring the hair count before and after two months of treatment if you were to pay $1200 and visit them for the procedures, but most importantly, it lacks any information on the science behind their thing, its basic nature even (except, as mentioned, that it was created by the famous Yoram Benitah) as well as any decent before/after photos.

Then, we have Bruno's report:
"8. Yoram is developing a new dermapen treatment for a clincal enviroment, I assume that is what we see on the russian website. Basic description is dermapen + Copper peptide + Complex? This is unrelated to Pilox."
( http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/b...ategory-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html )

So, please, Vraf, Bruno, all you wonderful people in contact with Monsieur Benitah. Could you please ask him to elaborate just a little bit on this thing?

1. First and most important of all, does that site indeed has any connection to him and his research?

2. Does he have any test results for this project? We aren't asking about Pilox (in any case, we've seen the photos, we already are impressed) as that is a work in progress, but if this is commercially available - there should be something more substantial than the two pairs of low-res photos.

3. Isn't the product they offer available anywhere else, besides the mentioned site?

4. No. Can't think of anything else.

5. Oh, on second thought, I can. Bruno specifically mentioned that it's supposed to be a "treatment for a clincal enviroment" and the Russians are willing to send you a device you just plug in and have at it.

6. Thank you ever so much.

A couple of minor details to add about that site.
It's written in such painfully bad Russian that I could only expose myself so much and have overlooked a thing or two.

They say the compound is produced by the company Dr. M. Burstein ( www.burstein-dead-sea.com ).
They claim 86 percent response rate. What they say is, word for word, "86 percent have noticed a considerable increase in density after 8 procedures" (that's two months).
They mention that the clinical treatment they offer is "more intensive" than the do-it-yourself option.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what to think of all the hype.Ive seen hundreds of products claiming to cure baldness in my 20years of balding including pics. Im sure some old timers will agree. Some members are claiming its the cure which I think is an absolute joke considering how many times we have been duped before. Im cautiously optimistic. What I find strange is how they have different upgraded versions of the device, that alone sounds like a scam. But, we shall wait to see what becomes of it. Hope for the best.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
If you had a novel, legitimate, and benign treatment for male pattern baldness, would you only sell it through some obscure independent site, or would you get it approved through regulatory agencies and bank hundreds of millions of dollars by going legit?

Conversely, if you have some snake oil and a prerogative to trick desperate men into parting with their money, you might stick to your obscure website with unverifiable information.

Assume bull**** until you have a reason to think otherwise.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had a novel, legitimate, and benign treatment for male pattern baldness, would you only sell it through some obscure independent site, or would you get it approved through regulatory agencies and bank hundreds of millions of dollars by going legit?

Conversely, if you have some snake oil and a prerogative to trick desperate men into parting with their money, you might stick to your obscure website with unverifiable information.

Assume bull**** until you have a reason to think otherwise.

Can we assume the same with Dr. Cotsarelis, Dr. Lauster, Follica and everyone else? They've only been boasting about their breakthroughs but not one of these glorified researchers has put their money where their mouth is and given any of us a treatment.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
Can we assume the same with Dr. Cotsarelis, Dr. Lauster, Follica and everyone else? They've only been boasting about their breakthroughs but not one of these glorified researchers has put their money where their mouth is and given any of us a treatment.

I'm not familiar with everything you've mentioned, but I've seen Cotsarelis' studies, and they at least have novel findings as to potential mechanisms for the action of male pattern baldness, along with plausible hypotheses for treatments. But until such research is used to produce a novel treatment, and that treatment is verified scientifically, there's little reason to dwell on it.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
pgd2 and DKK1 discoveries were good. Were a lot better off than we were ten years ago.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
pgd2 and DKK1 discoveries were good. Were a lot better off than we were ten years ago.

No we're not, LOL.

The day we'll be 'better off' is when any one of these researchers puts a treatment onto the market where people can BUY AND USE. Until that happens, we're just as screwed as we were '5-10 years' ago.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
No we're not, LOL.

The day we'll be 'better off' is when any one of these researchers puts a treatment onto the market where people can BUY AND USE. Until that happens, we're just as screwed as we were '5-10 years' ago.

..really?? I remember when Mixox was all there was with NO hope for anything for the future..then finasteride came out...for the longest time minoxidil/finasteride and NO hope for the future...

...now things are shaking big-time...lot's of irons in the fire and people are getting regrowth in-house with thing's like DR'ing...there are things on the horizon -- 10 years ago there was NOTHING over the horizon..

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
..really?? I remember when Mixox was all there was with NO hope for anything for the future..then finasteride came out...for the longest time minoxidil/finasteride and NO hope for the future...

...now things are shaking big-time...lot's of irons in the fire and people are getting regrowth in-house with thing's like DR'ing...there are things on the horizon -- 10 years ago there was NOTHING over the horizon..

10 years ago you would have been in the same position as you are now. Two current treatments, ZERO guarantee of whats next. I've been complaining about this for a while: For the last 20 years we've only had TWO treatments for hair loss. finasteride and minoxidil. And we're still at that point and many of us are STILL losing our hair.

We're NOT better off. Are we closer? Yeah... but none of us knows how much closer.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
10 years ago you would have been in the same position as you are now. Two current treatments, ZERO guarantee of whats next. I've been complaining about this for a while: For the last 20 years we've only had TWO treatments for hair loss. finasteride and minoxidil. And we're still at that point and many of us are STILL losing our hair.

We're NOT better off. Are we closer? Yeah... but none of us knows how much closer.

I disagree...There's more hope now...The fact that you can DR and minoxidil and regrow hair, on your own with minimal cost, is a world better than it was 10 years ago...this almost assure's us that FOLLICA is going to work and not be a bust...also, you have scarless FUE within the next year, which will give another breath to the donor region as opposed to butchering it and being screwed for the rest of your life

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree...There's more hope now...The fact that you can DR and minoxidil and regrow hair, on your own with minimal cost, is a world better than it was 10 years ago...this almost assure's us that FOLLICA is going to work and not be a bust...also, you have scarless FUE within the next year, which will give another breath to the donor region as opposed to butchering it and being screwed for the rest of your life

That still doesn't make us better off currently. It only makes our near future more promising. I've been dermarolling since August and results aren't anywhere near as amazing as the ones in the Indian study. I'm not betting on any unreleased treatment right now. As we've see in the post, things can change rapidly; Intercytex, Aderans... both flopped. Histogen is having major problems getting funding for their final Phase studies or an Asian release... as for Follica... they've been going at a solution for almost a decade and they're only half way there in clinical trials. CB won't be out for a while either. And Replicel.... we can only HOPE that their 2015 projected timeline actually comes through.

The state that the solutions are in right now are completely unacceptable. There's no denying that. I'm furious with this 'research' for a hair loss cure.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
That still doesn't make us better off currently. It only makes our near future more promising. I've been dermarolling since August and results aren't anywhere near as amazing as the ones in the Indian study. I'm not betting on any unreleased treatment right now. As we've see in the post, things can change rapidly; Intercytex, Aderans... both flopped. Histogen is having major problems getting funding for their final Phase studies or an Asian release... as for Follica... they've been going at a solution for almost a decade and they're only half way there in clinical trials. CB won't be out for a while either. And Replicel.... we can only HOPE that their 2015 projected timeline actually comes through.

The state that the solutions are in right now are completely unacceptable. There's no denying that. I'm furious with this 'research' for a hair loss cure.

You're 4 months in with DR'ing...you're getting results, though -- and better than if you'd just been minoxidil'ing alone, or just DR'ing alone...I assume you're minoxidil'ing as well??

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 4 months in with DR'ing...you're getting results, though -- and better than if you'd just been minoxidil'ing alone, or just DR'ing alone...I assume you're minoxidil'ing as well??

For the past 1-2 months I've actually been on the following:

- Dermarolling until bleeding once every 2 weeks
- Nizoral 1-2X week
- Avalon Organics Shampoo 5-6 times a week
- Saw Palmetto (SOMETIMES, maybe once a week)
- minoxidil once a day, sometimes twice if I'm not at work long enough (1ml - 1.5ml @ 5% concentration, Kirkland's)
- RU every other day (1ml @ 4-5% concentration, so 40-50mg per 1ml)
- CB every other day (1ml @ 2-3% concentration, so 20-30mg per 1ml)

Essentially I alternative between CB and RU every other day. Vehicle for both is Everclear & PG.

I want better results, I want my temples and hairline back. I'm *thinking* of jumping on Finasteride. I also want to try adding Vitamin B to minoxidil as has been mentioned in the dermarolling thread. There's also that growth factor stuff from Anagen Inc. which uses some of the stuff that Histogen uses.

I should post some photos of my progress in a log thread.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any signs of progress with DRing Hell? Vellus hair, shedding of miniaturised hair, etc?

I would get on finasteride, incidentally. The more weapons the better.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you getting any signs of progress with DRing Hell? Vellus hair, shedding of miniaturised hair, etc?

I would get on finasteride, incidentally. The more weapons the better.

My hair stylist said she noticed a lot of vellus hair around my hairline and temple. However, without documentation, there's no way to tell if this is old hair that has miniaturized or hair thats starting to come back due to dermarolling and other treatments.

I'm hesitant with getting on finasteride due to the potential permanent side effects. I'd rather be bald than never be able to have an erection. It's a ridiculous treatment... and not always effective.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
there's no way to tell if this is old hair that has miniaturized or hair thats starting to come back due to dermarolling and other treatments.

I'm hesitant with getting on finasteride due to the potential permanent side effects. I'd rather be bald than never be able to have an erection. It's a ridiculous treatment... and not always effective.

yes and yes ...I'm with you on that...

..but I found that I don't really get a LOT of vellus when the last of the anagen phase hairs bail -- my temples somehow went to slick pretty fast...yet there are a few hairs that are hanging in there...that's the frustrating part...

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair stylist said she noticed a lot of vellus hair around my hairline and temple. However, without documentation, there's no way to tell if this is old hair that has miniaturized or hair thats starting to come back due to dermarolling and other treatments.

I've been on finasteride 23 months myself, the side effects I'm aware of, but they are "potential" not "inevitable" side effects. All medications have side effects, it's part of the territory unfortunately. I doubt any would be permanent if you had any, statistically that's unlikely.

I know how you feel about the vellus hair. Although, it seems to be a universal 'good sign' of regrowth action, miniaturised and miniaturising hair tends to still have pigmentation. But yes, checking for regrowth is frustrating as you don't know if those hairs are newly sprouting due to treatment or weakened hairs on their last legs.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride 23 months myself, the side effects I'm aware of, but they are "potential" not "inevitable" side effects. All medications have side effects, it's part of the territory unfortunately. I doubt any would be permanent if you had any, statistically that's unlikely.

I know how you feel about the vellus hair. Although, it seems to be a universal 'good sign' of regrowth action, miniaturised and miniaturising hair tends to still have pigmentation. But yes, checking for regrowth is frustrating as you don't know if those hairs are newly sprouting due to treatment or weakened hairs on their last legs.

I might get on finasteride twice a month to start off and move to once a week if things are OK.