Running and hair loss

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I had mentioned in my story, my hair loss begin about a year ago and it has slowly progressed to the point where I was losssssing tons of hair. My dandruff was really bad recently and I tried to cut down things that might have made it worse. I bought Nizoral and it started to help a bit. I work out everyday and run hard, I was noticing that the runnning, although beneficial to my health, was making my scalp dry and seemed to be making my hairloss worse. I have stoped running as of about a week ago. I just lift now and walk for 30 minutes. I dont sweat as much now and my scalp is gettting so much better. My hair looks healthier too. Could the running have increased the oils in the scalp thus making the dandruff worse? And increasing the seburm(sp)?

Thanks,
Tony 8) :D :lol:

mak34

Reaction score
I don't know tony,for me it's just the opposite.When i run,(6-10 km) i think i am losing less hair.I wash my hair immediatly after running,so the sweat does not stay on my scalp for too long. Running,and other physical activities,regulates testosterone levels in your body.That should be beneficial and affect the levels of testosterone converted in DHT in a positive way.