Ru58841 Or finasteride - Which Is More Effective For The Temples/crown

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is it enough if i put ru58841 only on the temple area, this sweet spot that makes the difference between norwood 1 and norwood 2

I read finasteride is not that effective regarding the temple area:

"Studies show finasteride helps the temples (and crown) in men under age 40. In men over 40, it mainly helps the vertex.

Finasteride overall helps the crown more.

Finasteride effects may diminish a bit over time (especially after 5-7 yrs). But the important thing to know is that it is still working - even after 10 years"

https://www.realself.com/question/singapore-sg-finasteride-give-result-temple-area

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no yes or no or right answer here everyone is different. If you take some time to research on here you will see many cases where people have had success with fina on the crown and temples some that stay the same and some that get worse. There is not much success with RU I'm currently trying it with no results after 4 months

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is no yes or no or right answer here everyone is different. If you take some time to research on here you will see many cases where people have had success with fina on the crown and temples some that stay the same and some that get worse. There is not much success with RU I'm currently trying it with no results after 4 months

At the temples?

What do you mean with no results?

Im not expecting regrowth

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
both temples and crown. So what are you expecting? I Believe my crown has gotten worse so its done f*** all to maintain

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride has helped my temples

There's really no way to tell you for sure what will work best for you, as people have varying responses to all these treatments. My recommendation is to start with finasteride if you're looking for long term maintenance

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will continue to use it to give it a chance, I may up the dose from 5% to 7.5% I have experienced no sides from it so far thankfully

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I spread RU over my full head, with a bit more emphasis on the front hairline.

Finjunkie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows if RU even works, it's 99% speculation, there's zero studies. Who knows if the grey market stuff people are buying is even real. Finasteride has a long proven history and many studies that come to basically the same conclusion.

It's pretty well known that nothing works that well for regrowing the temples but results of finasteride/min are pretty variable so you could get lucky. Studies on finasteride were almost all done on vertex so I would say it's pretty effective for that

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go with proven treatments first, then gamble with Chinese labs if you're feeling desperate. I have not personally seen documentation of someone only using RU and having success or regrowth. From my memory a lot of people use it in conjunction with other treatments, difficult to say which contributed the most. It's all anecdotal that I've witnessed, who knows if it truly works or not. Finasteride and minoxidil are at least documented to have some positive effect.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd go with proven treatments first, then gamble with Chinese labs if you're feeling desperate. I have not personally seen documentation of someone only using RU and having success or regrowth. From my memory a lot of people use it in conjunction with other treatments, difficult to say which contributed the most. It's all anecdotal that I've witnessed, who knows if it truly works or not. Finasteride and minoxidil are at least documented to have some positive effect.

I thought they did a study that showed it was at least as effective as finasteride during a 4 month time spane

I read it somewhere here