Ru58841 And Fertility/fetus Concerns

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
To those who take RU, have you had any children while on RU? How do you take extra care so that your pregnant wife does not come in contact with your hair while you have RU in your hair, and how do you take extra care with the RU left on your pillow overnight?

I have 20g of RU sitting in my freezer for a year now. I fear the worst when it comes to my wife accident coming in contact with RU while pregnant. I have little ones running around and sometimes they play with my hair or grab my head - can RU be transmitted from my head to kids’ hands and then to pregnant wife?

I plan on applying at night before going to bed and wash out in the morning. My mix will be with rogaine 5%. And with my experience from using Rogaine, it always stained my pillow. So obviously with RU mixed with Rogain it will get onto my pillow. What if pregnant wife accidentally sleeps on my pillow or touches it? What if she changes pillow covers and comes in contact with the RU on my pillow? What if she mistakenly uses my hairbrush?

These are my dreaded fears with this compound and I am hoping someone here can shed some light here.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apply it one hour before washing it off. The vehicle is basically alcohol so it should absorb fast.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe it requires minimum 4-5 hours to be left on scalp with minoxidil

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it requires minimum 4-5 hours to be left on scalp with minoxidil

It's best to wait 4 hours, but you still get over half of it absorbed in one hour. Unless someone comes on here and says their kid had some birth defect I don't think anyone else's experience with pregnancy would be useful. It's only a trace amount that could be transferred to her. I would just keep it off of her pillow, and try not to touch her with it.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s either frightening that dudes here are using the drug without knowing the answer to this question or the knowledgable bros of the past have moved on. I don’t recognize a single name