RU working immediately but brings sides with it...

Drakholm

Reaction score
So I recently (three weeks) started applying RU to my frontal hairline and temples using the most common vehicle and I have to say...this stuff is potent. Within three days my shedding was greatly reduced and hairs near the application area are much stronger. The alcohol/PG in the vehicle didn't dry out my scalp too bad either. Basically it seems to be working. That being said I've had one specific side effect, arguably the worst one, and that's nipple tenderness. It happened the same day I started RU and has understandably remained since. I'm not ok with this at all. Is there anyone on these forums who has successfully alleviated this side effect while using dutasteride, finasteride, ru, etc? I'm only taking ru right now and at a very low dose. 25mg/day. Could the vehicle I'm using be (too) effective? aka getting the drug into my bloodstream too quick/easily? I'm planning to use some natural estrogen blockers to see if that helps but sometimes gyno can be progesterone based too I have no way of knowing. If anyone has experience with this side effect specifically I'm all ears.

chip.jackson

Reaction score
I've always been a little scared of RU, simply because you don't know if the batch you are getting is good. Supply is all over the place, with no (verifiable) quality control.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a good source...it was tested twice and was more pure than tony's cocaine. Unfortunately envious people in this and other forums did their best to ruin it for all of us.

OP, are you applying the RU all over the scalp? or are you applying just at the hairline?

It could be dripping to your forehead or places that had no follicles so the absorption is much greater. I know from experience. Applied minoxidil at the hairline and had a lot of absorption which fucked up my heart beat and grew some forehead hair.

What is your vehicle?