RU/dutasteride worries/questions thread

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought zzzz that RU twice a day is more effective than once, but i have heard people doing it once, but i rather would start off twice.
How would you start with dutasteride regarding dosage?.....once a day....twice a week or once a week.

doesn't really matter they all have their tradeoffs. I just started with once a day and that is what I will use and always use. As for using RU once vs twice a day there is absolutely no info/data/study out there to show why it would be more effective if used twice a day that I know of

Adam87

Established Member
Reaction score
I will start off with dutasteride twice a week just to see how i respond....i just want to know if the body can take it...if it cant...i will have to drop it.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please provide a link to that study. I'm desperately looking for some alternative to finasteride.

you see dutasteride as an alternative to finasteride? dutasteride is the same thing as finasteride but more powerful pretty much, so if you are looking for an alternative to finasteride for reasons other than finasteride does not seem to be working for you, you are looking at the wrong drug

massa

Banned
Reaction score
you see dutasteride as an alternative to finasteride? dutasteride is the same thing as finasteride but more powerful pretty much, so if you are looking for an alternative to finasteride for reasons other than finasteride does not seem to be working for you, you are looking at the wrong drug

So you saying if finasteride doesn't work for you then dutasteride wont either :(

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I think what he is saying is that dutasteride works in the same way as finasteride, so only use as an alternative if you need something stronger when finasteride isnt working. Dont use it as an alternative if you are getting sides etc,