RU and minoxidil together

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
So I finally went ahead an ordered some RU. I have been using minoxidil for 4.5 months though. I think I have gotten a tiny bit of regrowth and some maintenance at the hairline. minoxidil has seemed to have taken away the itch I was suffering in the thinning spot which is making me think it is having some benefit. So I was assuming I should keep applying minoxidil with my RU when it arrives. Any have any input? I am also on propecia for 4.5 months and no more shedding of terminal hairs. Just little peach fuzz ones. I've always unfortunately been a norwood 2 since I was a kid. My receding isnt at the temples though it is at a corner of my forelock. Only on small spot and isn't cosmetically noticeable.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you can use Minxoxidil and RU58841 together. I apply them at different times from each other and don't have them mixed in the same vehicle.

Minoxidil can help to take the itch away since the drug does interfere with Androgenetic Alopecia related pathways. Most importantly is to keep taking Propecia (Finasteride), Minoxidil and RU58841 are secondary but may be needed in some cases.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
K cool what I figured. Are you us RU? If so what kind . I ordered 5% premixed from anagenic. Not sure how legit it is just not trying to make it myself.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the vehicle of the RU you preordered? I'm guessing it's that 'special' KB vehicle?

If so, apply minoxidil first, let it dry and then apply the RU. I've heard that the KB forms a sort of temporary layer on your scalp, making it harder for other substances to pass through your scalp if you put them on later. Not sure about this though, but do your research on this.

I'm also not sure if you can just mix the minoxidil and RU together in 1 application if the RU has KB as its vehicle. Again, there are probably other threads about this on the internet so you might want to do a bit of searching on this before you make any mistakes in the application(order) of both substances.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I think is ethanol and PG or something in the solution. IS KB better there were 2 solution vehicles to pick from?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I order the RU58841 in the form of powder. I'll mix roughly 100 milligrams per 1 milliliter of Neogenic, which contains 5% Stemoxydine. I'll use 1 milliliter per application once daily, sometimes 1.5-2 ml when my hair is longer because I have a Norwood 6 diffused pattern which is a large area to cover.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can use Minxoxidil and RU58841 together. I apply them at different times from each other and don't have them mixed in the same vehicle.

Minoxidil can help to take the itch away since the drug does interfere with Androgenetic Alopecia related pathways. Most importantly is to keep taking Propecia (Finasteride), Minoxidil and RU58841 are secondary but may be needed in some cases.
Still doing this? Why dont you mix ru with minoxidil?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still doing this? Why dont you mix ru with minoxidil?

Hey Sanchez,

I haven't used RU58841 for nearly a year now. I first started using it in June 2015 and stopped in July last year when I finally decided to accept that the treatment just wasn't doing much for me. Also, I didn't notice any changes when I quit. I am still using Minoxidil.