RU 58841...does it actually work?

JJason

Reaction score
So what's the deal with this stuff, does it actually work or is it just another scam..?

I bought the stuff from Faith Eagle, mixed it in 50% Ethanol and 50% Propylene Glycerin topical...

I've been using it for a month, not that I'm expecting results already, I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance... but I don't see anyone posting about it. Although it seems to have been quite the craze a few years ago, nobody's ever posted success from it...

A little bit of background on my hairloss...I noticed my hair thinning around age 21 in 2001. I jumped on minoxidil 5% in March 2002 and it worked wonders for me, I almost forgot about my hairloss...however, about 3.5 years later in Sept 2005, I started losing ground so I jumped on Xandrox 15% (twice a day) and in all honesty, it did help...In fact, I look at pictures from 5 years ago and hardly notice any difference. Although I'm bitter that minoxidil isn't as effective anymore, at least it bought me 5 years and I'm still a solid norwood 2 at age 26 - soon to be 27...

Unfortunately without a DHT blocker, my hairloss continued..I tried finasteride in Feb 2006 but had real side effects and discontinued it. I tried 5% sprio cream but I could only apply it a night and I heard it's a pretty weak anti androgen anyway - regardless of what Dr Lee claims (the skunk smell when mixed with minoxidil wasn't very pleasant either).

I added Prox-N in August hoping for some benefit, although after about 4 months I can't say it's had any cosmetic effect. Maybe it's helping my scalp, who knows. I still use 0.5ml daily but it's getting hard to fit in all these topicals!@

So last month I bit the bullet and jumped on the 5% RU, 1ml twice a day about 30-40mins before applying Xandrox 15...

Sorry for the life story! Been reading these forums for so long, I figured it's about time I post a thing or two.

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey JJason,

looking for an update. How's the RU going? Are you maintaining or gaining ground? Hopefully not losing ground. I'm thinking of trying the RU also. How long did it take to get to you?

CCS

Reaction score
I think they make it on the 25th of the month. So how long you wait depends when you order it. If you order it right before they make it, they can get it to you in a week, they say. Mine took forever, perhaps because of postal problems.

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I think they make it on the 25th of the month. So how long you wait depends when you order it. If you order it right before they make it, they can get it to you in a week, they say. Mine took forever, perhaps because of postal problems.

Thanks for the info CCS, I think I'll get in touch with the Faith Eagle guy real soon. Keep us all updated on how your RU test spot goes