Rosemary Or Peppermint Oil In Minoxidil Liquid | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Rosemary Or Peppermint Oil In Minoxidil Liquid

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by Nsas, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Nsas

Nsas Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi. Has anyone tried adding Rosemary or Peppermint Oil in Minoxidil liquid? Is it okay and how many drops?

2. Thinning Sucks

Thinning Sucks Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I do this - about 2 squirts of full dropper per bottle - smells and feels good on the scalp then goes away.

3. Fred Mills

Fred Mills New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I use peppermint oil at about 40% of a mixture as follows:

42% peppermint
    35% sandalore
    10% minoxidil
    5% velvet deer antler
    2% apigenin
    1% RU58841
    1% lactobacillus
    1% luteolin
    1% cetrizine
    1% cysteine
    1% carnitine

I use this daily and micro-needle fortnightly. According to the below research, peppermint reduces inflammation and increases IGF-1:

https://www.nicehair.org/peppermint-oil-hair-loss-2/

When I apply this topical, my whole scalp cools down a lot. I remember seeing a post on HairLossTalk.com some time ago where one member theorized that loss of subcutaneous fat in the scalp was the real cause of hair loss (and it is true that men have less subcutaneous fat than women and scalp subcutaneous fat reduces with age). That guy suggested cooling the scalp to encourage subcutaneous fat to develop. I think this was the original thread:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/cold-therapy.96716/

I don't know whether I buy that theory but I do believe inflammation is an important factor in hair loss. I use peppermint oil and I put Voltarol gel in my receding hairline. I've seen an article about Voltarol gel making new hair grow on bald scalps. Here it is:

https://www.nicehair.org/di-clofenac-gel-for-hair-loss-how-it-works/

I've only been doing this for about a month but I could swear I've got a load of hairs growing in my receding hairline that weren't there before. I've started taking photos every week now so I can be sure they're new hairs and not just hairs I didn't notice before.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has used peppermint oil. I'll be continuing with it indefinitely.

I've heard rosemary is also beneficial (and I bought some), but haven't used it yet.

jccj and Capone like this.
  4. Capone

Capone Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to the pics. Yeah inflammation is a killer. I notice when I over do it on sugar and junk my scalp itches and I can pull 3 hairs out at a time. Not good.

5. jccj

jccj Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Using PEO for awhile now both topically as well as internally (it's great in a diet coke). No regrowth but a slight improvement in density. I feel it's more effective when consumed but does give some finasteride'ish sides. Also make sure of the country of origin...some from india are not actually peppermint.

Side note...I once bought a bunch of handmade soaps from a craft type fair and one of them had every hair in my norwood zone that was close to terminal growing thick AF...like almost beard level thickness. Unfortunately I can't remember what all they were but i remember peppermint, rosemary and one was sage. Might get some sage oil and give it a go.

6. Alex Contee

Alex Contee Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What is your vehicle? I am surprised you can get all of that dissolve. Especially the 10% minoxidil.

7. Fred Mills

Fred Mills New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It doesn't fully dissolve. The solution looks kind of like muddy water. The vehicle is peppermint oil and sandalore. Nothing else.

I shake it up like crazy then I pour blobs along my hairline and rub it in with my hands. It's quite gritty but I feel like the grit works as an exfoliator. Then after about ten seconds my scalp freezes because of the menthol.

To be honest I'm amazed at how well it seems to be working. I've tried pretty much everything you can imagine and this is the only thing that has ever done anything for me.

Since I started using this mixture it seems like there are hundreds of new hairs growing along my hairline. I'm very sceptical when I see a load of little hairs growing though as it could actually be terminal hairs that have miniaturized and it just looks like there are loads of new hairs. It's really hard to judge when there has only been a few months and you're checking it yourself every day.

It seems like the new hair growth is bafflingly good. But like I say I could be kidding myself. I'm going to give it at least 3 months with weekly photos before I believe it's true.