Rosemary extract inhibit the binding of dht to androgen receptors, hair growth!

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22517595Phytother Res. 2013 Feb;27(2):212-7. doi: 10.1002/ptr.4712. Epub 2012 Apr 20.
[h=1]Promotion of hair growth by Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract.[/h]Murata K[SUP]1[/SUP], Noguchi K, Kondo M, Onishi M, Watanabe N, Okamura K, Matsuda H.
[h=3]Author information [/h]
  • [SUP]1[/SUP]Faculty of Pharmacy, Kinki University, 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashi-osaka, Osaka, 577-8502, Japan.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Topical administration of Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract (RO-ext, 2 mg/day/mouse) improved hair regrowth in C57BL/6NCrSlc mice that experienced hair regrowth interruption induced by testosterone treatment. In addition, RO-ext promoted hair growth in C3H/He mice that had their dorsal areas shaved. To investigate the antiandrogenic activity mechanism of RO-ext, we focused on inhibition of testosterone 5α-reductase, which is well recognized as one of the most effective strategies for the treatment of androgenic alopecia. RO-ext showed inhibitory activity of 82.4% and 94.6% at 200 and 500 µg/mL, respectively. As an active constituent of 5α-reductase inhibition, 12-methoxycarnosic acid was identified with activity-guided fractionation. In addition, the extract of R. officinalis and 12-methoxycarnosic acid inhibited androgen-dependent proliferation of LNCaP cells as 64.5% and 66.7% at 5 µg/mL and 5 μM, respectively. These results suggest that they inhibit the binding of dihydrotestosterone to androgen receptors. Consequently, RO-ext is a promising crude drug for hair growth.
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

PMID: 22517595 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I plan to try to see if it will reduce my male pattern baldness daily hair loss. I'll report back. I'll add some anti inflammatory agents and another androgen antagonist. I'll see how it works after about 2 weeks of topical application.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
Since the study was done on mice, I think we can safely dismiss it. So many herbs/natural treatments promote hair growth in mice but not in humans aka green tea, black tea, saw palmetto, gamma linoleic acid, curcumin, soy, raspberry ketone..... the list goes on. Dump keystone on a mouse and he will likely regrow hair.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Since the study was done on mice, I think we can safely dismiss it. So many herbs/natural treatments promote hair growth in mice but not in humans aka green tea, black tea, saw palmetto, gamma linoleic acid, curcumin, soy, raspberry ketone..... the list goes on. Dump keystone on a mouse and he will likely regrow hair.

I actually have rosemary extract oil with me, and i don't think I will be using this.

resu

Reaction score
Isn't this an old hat? I agree anything on mice shouldn't be interpreted verbatim. Last week's there was this article (Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/06/140605141507.htm and people were interpreting the results on mice as if they were the same on people, we're so over them when it comes to studies on mice.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:( Thanks. I hope it helps anyway. I've already purchased. But I appreciate your reporting your experience though. It will help the next person.

- - - Updated - - -

Humm that sounds good. I may try them. I am hoping the pumpkin seed oil helps as it did the men in the photo. I know it takes time. And a multi angled approach.