Rom3's Story - (Hairloss since 18 now 26 on finasteride)

rom3

Reaction score
Hello everyone-

I have been following this site for quite some time now. I have been on finasteride (Cipla) for the past 7 years...and have to say that I have not followed it completely everyday. I drink on the weekends for the past couple of years and now I have some pain in my RIGHT abdominal area. So have cutback on finasteride and alcohol a bit.

I have lost lot of hair on the back...My question is that is it b/c my liver is not functioning 100% that i'm not seeing the effects of Finasteride? Should i use merck's branded propecia?

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am only going to ask this because a little hunch of mine but have you got a prescription to finasteride?
i just looked on the cipla website and they don't seem to mention finesteride in their long list of prescription drugs so i am suspicious that you might of been given fakes unless you got them from a proper pharmacy with a prescription
unfortunately finesteride is usually a "men only" drug
it's very rare that a doctor would proscribe finasteride to women, especially at 26 years old
and to my knowledge there has been no real trials that prove it's effectiveness in women anyway

to answer the question though, i would say no i would recommend you use minoxidil instead
also i don't see any link between finasteride and your liver, i think it's all the alcohol

ps has your hairloss being diagnosed as hereditary?