ROGERS CLINIC UK

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
IBM said:
Feller and Wong.

but when I've had such a good experience with a clinic practically on my door step it's a bit of a gamble to go somewhere new.

I have to disagree with this gemini, when I see results from H&W, Shapiro, Feller etc and then results from Rogers, he doesn't even come close, these clinics post new results on an almost weekly basis, Rogers doesn't.

Other reasons:
He is too expensive
He has been investigated by the health watchdogs over proffesional misconduct (he has admitted to this)
Many threads with photos of his scars and low yeild results
He uses pre-historic microscopes
He is in Stratford

Don't get me wrong, there are far worse clinics in the UK, but I would firmly place him as the best of the worst.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
lucky how much did your hair transplant cost? seriously mate your hair looks great!!
after looking at your pics i am seriously considering it.
was the procedure painful at all?

GeminiX

Reaction score
I just checked out Lucky_UK's pics myself, the results do indeed look fantastic :)

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rework and Gemini.

From what I can remember the hair transplant cost around $7500, which in uk money was about £4000+ flights and hotel etc.
As for pain, I would put it slightly higher than having your wisdon teeth extracted, a bearable numb pain that eases off within a few days, hardest part is the waiting time IMO.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I think I had far less grafts during my procedure (1000), and even that seemed to take forever, several hours at least trying to keep still.

The worst part for me was actually my neck; because the back of my head was so numb from the strip removal I could not feel the support holding my head, so I was constantly tensing my neck.

Rework24

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got some saving to do then if i want decent results like you've had. I'll give the meds i'm on a chance for 6 months or so and then evaluate things because seriously made me miss flowing locks seeing your pics mate. I'm from Manchester myself, did you not rate any of the local clinics?

Do you still have to take any meds now or do you just wash your hair and style like you did before hairloss?

GeminiX

Reaction score
@Rework, who is your question addressed at? :)

If me, then I am indeed still on drugs, and my prescription will change over time.

I did check out the Norton clinic before chosing Rogers, but they over sold the procedure and promised far more than I felt was possible in a single session (I have a good nose for a dodgy pitch). Also, I heard about some horror stories regarding Dr. Norton which were relavent to his ability. While I take most of what I read on the interwebs with a pinch of salt, there was actually some evidence provided with these particular claims, so this completely ruled out Norton for me.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good for you Gemini, choosing norton would of been the biggest mistake anyone could ever make, Rogers is in a different league than Norton, he is the best the UK has, but I still feel he has a long way to go before he matches the world's best, so long as you are happy, this is the most important thing.

Regards

Lucky

s.a.f

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I did check out the Norton clinic before chosing Rogers, but they over sold the procedure and promised far more than I felt was possible in a single session (I have a good nose for a dodgy pitch). Also, I heard about some horror stories regarding Dr. Norton which were relavent to his ability. While I take most of what I read on the interwebs with a pinch of salt, there was actually some evidence provided with these particular claims, so this completely ruled out Norton for me.

Well done for sussing Norton out, unfortunately I fell for it :badmood: . But having since done my research I'd never go anywhere near Rogers. His pics that I've seen submitted by him are not very impressive (compared to the big U.S and Canadian clinics) so I can only guess what the ones he does'nt want us to see are like.

As as for what you read about surgeons on the forums I'd be inclined to believe it. We are all in the same boat here we all want to see the butchers put out of business and help people get the best results available why would we lie? Sure there are a few shills out there but they are soon exposed, there will always be more of us than them.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Vega said:
rogers is ok, not the worlds most amazing surgeon, and expensive, but he is in the UK and his work is easily good enough.

So, If you want to stay in the UK, rogers is a perfectly reasonable option.

the reason i know, is that i've had two procedures with him. Im satisfied, i can see that other people have better results, but my results were good enough for what i wanted. I could stay in the UK and it was all done and dusted in a day.

So my opinion of Dr. Rogers is exactly that - he's expensive, and not the best in the world.. but easily good enough if you dont want the stress of having to leave the UK.

my opinion is that he gets alot of unfair bad press in here, and its often made to seem as if his results were poor. They aren't, they are perfectly aceptable.. they just aren't perhaps quite as good as the super doctors in the USA and Canada.

I would agree with this. It's certainly fair to say from my experience there is unfair negative commentary on Dr Rogers. Users of the forum should certainly do their research. I've had two procedures with Dr Rogers in January 2006 and January 2007 and I'm not unhappy with my results.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
carter said:
Vega said:
rogers is ok, not the worlds most amazing surgeon, and expensive, but he is in the UK and his work is easily good enough.

Thats dangerous line of thought when planning hair transplants. If you are afraid to travel to the best doctors in the world, better play safe and do not get any hair transplants.

maol2006

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
carter said:
Vega said:

Thats dangerous line of thought when planning hair transplants. If you are afraid to travel to the best doctors in the world, better play safe and do not get any hair transplants.

Hmmm, let me see, if a football team is unwilling or unable to sign someone like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi then they’d best sign no-one at all? There is such a thing as a “trade-offâ€￾ and when you refer to cost as a factor [on another thread] you seem to concede this.

[And as other events in the big wide world propel us to a very uncertain future there may be some small-time amusement to be had from watching the reaction of the Felleristas if the pound continues to slide against the dollar, oil prices bounce on the trampoline and budget airline offers dry up. Indications are that the golden age of global hair transplants along with much else global is close to its end. So if you feel that you gotta go, go now...]

This isn’t particularly a pro-Rogers comment -- it could apply to the work of dozens of doctors -- but I’d say that when I look in the mirror in the morning I’m mildly astounded and terrifically gratefully for the difference between “Version 2005â€￾ and “Version 2008â€￾.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep, why on earth would you pay £5000 for x amount of grafts when for the same price you can get double and a more natural result.

s.a.f

Reaction score
maol2006 said:
Hmmm, let me see, if a football team is unwilling or unable to sign someone like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi then they’d best sign no-one at all? There is such a thing as a “trade-offâ€￾ and when you refer to cost as a factor [on another thread] you seem to concede this.

This comparision is not exactly relevant a football team has the choice of 1000's of players with very liitle between them in terms of skill and there are 10 other players on the pitch to balance things out. A bad signing can easily be replaced.

A hair transplant should not be taken lightly if the results are bad you could be stuck with them forever.
Think of it like this, if you had to get your hair cut and styled and keep it like that for the rest of your life would you go to the nearest cheapest barbers or would you go to the best salon even if it meant having to travel further and pay more?

maol2006 said:
[And as other events in the big wide world propel us to a very uncertain future there may be some small-time amusement to be had from watching the reaction of the Felleristas if the pound continues to slide against the dollar, oil prices bounce on the trampoline and budget airline offers dry up. Indications are that the golden age of global hair transplants along with much else global is close to its end.
The cost of travelling makes up only about 10% of the total cost, My surgeries (including flights and accomadation) with Feller cost less than they would if I'd have gone to a UK clinic. But the fact is even if it cost more its worth it for a better result.

Britannia

Reaction score
With the $ at such pathetic rate against the £, why would you even consider using a UK based Surgeon. Fly to the US for 2 weeks, have a world class hair transplant, have a holiday and save STILL save sh*t loads of cash. A no brainer recently.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
maol2006 said:

There is a big difference in football teams and hair transplants. You can change the player next year, but you will be stuck with a mediocre hair transplant for life. Since, he is not willing to travel, that means he will not be willing to go for a repair hair transplant. If, later, he is willing to travel, to redress the issues created by first hair transplant, then he may as well wait till he can travel for that crucial good first hair transplant. Got it.

john303

Reaction score
I would respectfully like to comment on what s.a.f wrote regarding the Blackrock clinic. If you didn't know, the Blackrock clinic is probably the top medical facility in the Republic of Ireland, on a par with any private hospital in Europe (and offers services in all aspects of medical care like maternity, cardiology , radiology, cancer treatment etc.)
The transplant surgeon in question, Mr. Maurice Collins has a full time practice there.
He is not by any means a "butcher" but a top consultant surgeon with decades of surgical experience and an internationally recognised expert in the field of transplant surgery.
I am a patient of his and have found him to be professional and absolutely up to date with all the latest developments in the field of hair restoration. As a matter of fact he was the first doctor to tell me about proscar/finasteride years ago.
And before anyone asks I do not work for him or the Blackrock clinic.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hmm, so I guess the 100's of UK patients who fly to the U.S and Canada each year are missing out. Its abit strange that such a internationally renowned surgeon has never been mentioned on any of the forums and none of his no doubt excellent results have ever been posted by any of his no doubt ecstatic former patients. :whistle:

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
john303 said:
I would respectfully like to comment on what s.a.f wrote regarding the Blackrock clinic. If you didn't know, the Blackrock clinic is probably the top medical facility in the Republic of Ireland, on a par with any private hospital in Europe (and offers services in all aspects of medical care like maternity, cardiology , radiology, cancer treatment etc.)
The transplant surgeon in question, Mr. Maurice Collins has a full time practice there.
He is not by any means a "butcher" but a top consultant surgeon with decades of surgical experience and an internationally recognised expert in the field of transplant surgery.
I am a patient of his and have found him to be professional and absolutely up to date with all the latest developments in the field of hair restoration. As a matter of fact he was the first doctor to tell me about proscar/finasteride years ago.
And before anyone asks I do not work for him or the Blackrock clinic.

Posting photos of your results would help back up your claims that you are not a shill.

If Dr Collins is as good as you say then his results would be all over the web.

john303

Reaction score
I can`t post photos of results because I personally haven`t gone through transplant surgery.
Because my hair loss hasn`t fully established itself I was advised by him not to rush into it yet (and he`d hardly say that if he was a charlatan would he?).
I promise you I am not a "shill". Maybe because he does not work out of the U.K you guys haven`t heard of him but in Ireland he is well known and has featured on national tv and radio over here.
I take s.a.f`s point about surgeons in America/Canada having a very high standard but to say that there are no surgeons in Europe of similar quality is frankly incorrect.

look up http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0806/nationwide.html