Rogaine - Still shedding after 4 months?

essex2099

Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine 2% for slightly over 4 months now. I noticed shedding about a month in, and I'm actually STILL shedding. My hair is noticeably thinner now than when I started.

Has anybody else shedded for SO long? Do you think I should get the hell off this stuff? haha. I AT LEAST hope that the ones I've lost grow back...

- Rex

Nene

Reaction score
First of all I would go with 5% minoxidil, and second of all if you've seen no visible results in 4 months, it's a pretty good sign it probably won't work for you.

essex2099

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, Nene. Much appreciated.

You're probably right that I just won't respond to it.

In your opinion, if you have one, do you think the hairs I shed while on minoxidil will grow back when I take myself off it?

Thanks again,
Rex

Nene

Reaction score
Yes, in most cases minoxidil won't leave you in a worse situation so you should gain any hairs back that minoxidil caused you to shed. However, I would try 5% for a couple months before you give up on it. I saw much more regrowth when I switched from 2% to 5%.

dkhwaja

Reaction score
I have been shedding massively on revivogen months three through five which I am currently on. If you look at the shedding timelines people have posted many people report shedding months 5 through 8 and even this website says it takes 6 to 12 months for results to begin. I think if you quit now it will all be for nothing and you won't reap what you sowed. That being said I can almost see my scalp now from all the shedding and I am freaking out myself.