Rogaine Sides - FREAKING OUT!

The Balding Life

Reaction score
I've been using Rogaine Foam for 3 1/2 months now. Up until last week I only had minor sides including: increased heard rate (went away after a few days) and minor scalp irritation. I'm only using a 1/2 capful 2x a day (sometimes only 1 time).

I started to feel a little off this week and I thought I was just tired or coming down with a cold. It got worse though and by mid-week a felt like I was in a Fog. I would have dizzy spells when I thought I was going to fall down, diarrhea, headaches, shaky hands, nausea, etc. I'm feeling a little better today (been drinking lots of water) but I'm still not feeling normal.

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is...what changed. I have started taking a multivitaman (Centrum Performance) but I don't think that anything in the multivitaman would increase absorption of minoxidil. From everything I read online this seems like a blood pressure issue caused by the minoxidil. I don't understand how that could be though when I'm taking less than the recommended dosage and I've been fine for 3 months.

Any Ideas?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
could you maybe be sick? i was getting sick and associated my symptoms to rogaine

Sharpshooter

Reaction score
Go and see your doctor, he's probably more qualified than any of us are.

Strangely enough I went through a bad spell of fatigue around the new year, which was at a bad time because I was meant to be studying for uni exams. Although I came through it and it lasted no more than a fortnight.

The only thing is because I'm on both Propecia and Regaine, I can't tell you which one was giving me it.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Balding Life said:
I've been using Rogaine Foam for 3 1/2 months now. Up until last week I only had minor sides including: increased heard rate (went away after a few days) and minor scalp irritation. I'm only using a 1/2 capful 2x a day (sometimes only 1 time).

I started to feel a little off this week and I thought I was just tired or coming down with a cold. It got worse though and by mid-week a felt like I was in a Fog. I would have dizzy spells when I thought I was going to fall down, diarrhea, headaches, shaky hands, nausea, etc. I'm feeling a little better today (been drinking lots of water) but I'm still not feeling normal.

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is...what changed. I have started taking a multivitaman (Centrum Performance) but I don't think that anything in the multivitaman would increase absorption of minoxidil. From everything I read online this seems like a blood pressure issue caused by the minoxidil. I don't understand how that could be though when I'm taking less than the recommended dosage and I've been fine for 3 months.

Any Ideas?

Very unlikely to be anything to do with rogaine. That just sounds like a virus/bug. Unless your eating this sh*t there is no reason your stomach would be sick.
How did you come to the conclusion that this has anything to do with rogaine?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These are the sides of a common flue not rogaine. Perhaps in a more advanced form. I went through this during the holidays, well New Years eve with 39.5 fever. Sucks bad. If you get better in the next couple of days just forget about it, but visit your doctor if it insists. yet again, rogaine is not your problem.

jimmyjames

Established Member
Reaction score
Go see a doctor -- I highly doubt these symptoms have anything to do with Rogaine, but a doctor can tell you for sure.