Rogaine - Side Effects

seldomused

Reaction score
About a month and a half ago I decided to do something about my receding/thinning hairline and started using Rogaine foam 2x daily. Like many others, I experienced some increased shedding for a period of 2-3 weeks when I started, and now it has subsided.

However, two other things have changed since I began using the Rogaine. Firstly, as of 2 days ago, every application of the foam results in a burning sensation on my scalp. Also, over time I have observed a decrease in my libido.

Before I get flamed on the second item (sexual side effect) let me say that the only thing in my life that has been different over the last 1.5 months is the incorporation or Rogaine. At first I brushed it off as stress due to work, but the work stress is over, and I'm still experiencing loss in sex drive. I know myself, and my tendancies, and seriously think the Rogaine is playing a hand in this. I've read others on the web experiencing something similar to me, but others are quick to jump in and call BS.

Has anyone experienced sexual sides with Rogaine, and as for the scalp burning, should I lower my application to once daily until it subsides?