Rogaine shedding even while on finasteride??

primetime

Reaction score
Hello there... new to the forums here and had a couple of questions, hopefully someone here can help me out!
I have been on finasteride for about a year or two and was considering starting to use
rogaine foam along with the finasteride for maximum effects, and was wondering if I would still experience the shedding stage of the rogaine effects? I am already fairly thin up top and summer is here so i would hate if even more of my scalp would show, It would just depress me even more then I already am! If anyone has went thru this and knows the answer, please let me know!
I tried calling the rogaine company but they said they would not be able to know for sure on what would happen in this situation.
sorry if this question has already been asked...

Thank you

Sensie

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 8 months and started Rogaine foam for 2 weeks and shed like a maniac..

I stopped it about 2 weeks ago

My hair thinned out so bad, I just put a bit of wax in my hair 5 min ago and i counted 25 hairs on my hand and in the sink.

primetime

Reaction score
Sensie said:
I've been on finasteride for 8 months and started Rogaine foam for 2 weeks and shed like a maniac..

I stopped it about 2 weeks ago

My hair thinned out so bad, I just put a bit of wax in my hair 5 min ago and i counted 25 hairs on my hand and in the sink.

Thanks for your reply!...
yea you see thats what i am scared of....
Is there anyone else that has experienced this? Or better results? I want to start rogaine foam, but not if i am going to shed bad... :/

the_good_fight

Reaction score
I've had 2 major sheds from finasteride/minoxidil in the past two years, the second of which I'm currently going through and it's worse that the first.

Happened b/c I stopped minoxidil daily (I got lazy, and only used it a few times/wk).

It will grow back. Keep up with the regimen.

I just cut my hair really short and use more concealer. And will be wearing hats more ;)

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had 2 major sheds from finasteride/minoxidil in the past two years, the second of which I'm currently going through and it's worse that the first.

Happened b/c I stopped minoxidil daily (I got lazy, and only used it a few times/wk).

It will grow back. Keep up with the regimen.

I just cut my hair really short and use more concealer. And will be wearing hats more ;)

:sad: hope your hair all grows back. I am shedding constantly since I have started the treatment..

the_good_fight

Reaction score
I can't do anything but stay on the regimen. I'd like to keep it, but it's just hair.

As devastating as it is, it's not the end of the world ;)