Rogaine sexual side effects

alex3035

Reaction score
While sexual side effects relating to Rogaine may not yet be clinically proven, having read testimonies of many men online I feel this is what I am suffering from at the moment.

My symptoms are -
Smaller and softer penis (when flaccid)
Difficulty getting and maintaining an erection
Loss of morning erection (2+ months)
Loss of involuntary erections during the day (2+ months)
Inability to get an erection without manual stimulation

I stopped using Rogaine two days ago after suffering problems getting an erection with my partner for the first time, and finally realizing the Rogaine could be the problem, and seeing many men online having similar experiences.

My questions are: is there anyone else that has suffered similar side effects? If so, how long did they last for - and what would you recommend in order to get things working back to normal?

Obviously I've only just stopped using it but feel fairly sure this is what has been causing the problems and would like to follow a good course of action to put things right.

Thank you! All feedback and advice very welcome.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is extremely rare but minoxidil was created as a way to regulate bloodflow or something like that. So it could have an effect. This is more common for oral minoxidil

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read about people posting that they got sexual side effects from topical Minoxidil. You'd have to be extremely unlucky if that's the case, especially that there's no current scientific evidence that Minoxidil can cause sexual side effects.

I use Minoxidil twice daily and have never experienced any side effects from it whatsoever.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
not even bloated face or bags under eyes? I seem to be unlucky with sides. I get them from everything. I'll still continue with minoxidil though. The potential benefit if I'm a responder is just too great.

Nope, I don't even get a bloated face or bags under my eyes. I don't get any side effects of any kind from Minoxidil. No dizziness, no swelling of hands or feet, no rapid heartbeat, nothing. Just better hair growth.

If you're getting side effects from Minoxidil and have been using it twice daily, you can cut down to once a day or even once every other day and still receive plenty of benefit. Try that and see if the unwanted side effects subside.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to try drinking lots of water and cutting out processed foods. The only fluid I drink is coffee which might be making me sensitive to the problem. But yes if they persist I'll try reducing the dose/frequency. THanks.

Sure thing. Though, I don't think drinking more water and cutting out processed foods is going to help the problem. And I don't think drinking coffee is making you sensitive to Minoxidil. There's no current scientific evidence that doing either of those things will help or worsen side effects.

I hope all goes well with your treatment! :)

alex3035

Reaction score
Nope, I don't even get a bloated face or bags under my eyes. I don't get any side effects of any kind from Minoxidil. No dizziness, no swelling of hands or feet, no rapid heartbeat, nothing. Just better hair growth.

If you're getting side effects from Minoxidil and have been using it twice daily, you can cut down to once a day or even once every other day and still receive plenty of benefit. Try that and see if the unwanted side effects subside.

Hi Zoupa - have you had any sexual side effects from using Minoxidil? I am now into my fourth day of total impotence since using the Extra Strength Foam for four days last week (twice a day). The total numbness of my sexual parts is becoming a concern.

zulf005

Reaction score
Hi I can certainly confirm that I have had the exact side affects whilst on minoxidil. Im thinking to maybe reduce to one application a day. If that dont work I will quit.

NDN

Reaction score
Yes, it has Sexual side effects.

Yes, Rogaine causes sexual side effects.I have been using Rogaine 5% foam for more than 6 years..I noticed these in my experience..

1.Puffy Eyes

2.Hair growth in some places like , your back(like a patch) , back of your shoulders, some facial hair...some on ears too

3.If you use too much of it , it will reduce your libido maybe ED too.

4.Rogaine Liquid has more side effects than Foam, I tried it once, but maybe I used it too much, it screwed my libido.Had to stop it for three months and went back to foam, once daily.

5. If you switch from Foam to Liquid, you will lose hair, maybe temporary, it went back to normal after I started Foam.

6. It may not be good idea to use it twice daily.

7. Not sure if Rogaone really grows new hair, but it may kepp what u have for a while

I also used Propecia for couple of months, it turned me into STONE.. so..please never use Propecia, but people might argue..

I had Hair Transplantation too, which is far..far.. better than these Rogaines and Peopecias..but expensive.. If you can afford it.. go for it.. here in USA, it costs around $5000/Transplantion, but in India it is only $1500.
With $5000, u can go to India, and can get TWO Hair Transplantations..and can stay at a luxury hotel:)
THX

Paulmul1972

Reaction score
I stopped using minoxidil a few years ago, it was working for me in reducing the rate of my hair loss but I did not see any new hair growth, I stopped really because I got bored really, never had any sexual side effects but I did find it irritated my scalp sometimes.

Scrappy

Reaction score
I am sorry but ıt can effect to sexual function very easily.

Yup. My erections have never been the same since I started Rogaine. And I know it was Rogaine (it's all I used for seven years). I know this is rare but it definitely happened.

Shpam

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil for only a month starting in January 2018 and I'm having serious sexual side effects. Mine are simular to the unlucky fellows I've read about. Wish I would have researched it more. Hopefully I haven't chemically castrated my self. I had no idea or read nothing about these kind of issues until I had them my self. I noticed loss of sex drive and strength with erection about 3 to 4 weeks after taking minoxidil capsules 5 percent. Before making possibly one of the worst decisions ever I have in my life. My libido was like 16 year old with no problem going multiple times a day. Then it was like light switch now every thing is totally the opposite. I quit taking it as soon as I realized what was happening. Things started to get a little better then I relapsed. I'm going to my family doctor first then probably a urologist and endocrinologist. It's not phycoligical say what you want. Wish me luck as I do to anyone else dealing with the same side effects. I'll post any progress in attempt to help. God please let there be progress?

Shpam

My Regimen
Reaction score
The product I was using was call hairintegro and I bought it off the internet like a idiot. It's advertised as a 5% oral capsule but maybe there's more minoxidil than stated.