Rogaine Problem

Seiya

Reaction score
Hi all,
So here is my problem. I started using Finasteride and Rogaine foam in October '11. After about 4~5 months of using it, I started to see some good results on my temples and hairline. New hairs was growing. About 2 months ago, I noticed that the hair that was growing thanks to rograine was shedding :(.
Now, I've lost most of the re-growth that I had with rogaine foam. I take 1mg Finasteride everyday, and rogaine foam every night.
Do you know what could have happened? Also, would you recommend me to maybe change to liquid rogaine?
Thanks in advance!

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you should use rogaine foam morning and liquid at night, i solely based this on the succes i have seen from other people. Do you use the foam only at night?

Seiya

Reaction score
Yes. What I usually do is use Nizoral 3x per week and a shampoo called Nutri-Ox the other days. I take 1mg generic finasteride at night and apply rogaine foam at night. It was a slow regeneration, but I could see the re-growth progress in my temples and hairline (I could upload pictures if you want). I was trying to be as consistent as possible to not miss any day. But after a time, I sometimes forgot to apply the foam at nights. I'm saying I used to forget maybe 2, 3 at max, times per week.
But now, all the new hair is gone, and I'm almost back to the way I was before. I'm afraid to use liquid rogaine since I've read that changing product (i know is the same brand, but different minoxidil %) may lead to shedding and all those effects that come when you start the treatment. :(

MPBfighter

Reaction score
Seiya, can you post up some pictures please? You may be in a shedding phase right now, and your hair will grow back thicker and longer than ever!

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
hair will re grow and shed in cycles for a while when starting minoxidil. it did for me anyway. maybe its also because we can become complacent applying the stuff when its working well.