Rogaine or Tricomin?

G

I heard Rogaine produces a lot of dandruff and makes your scalp itch. (Not to name the hair you get in your hand every time you apply it)

So, will Tricomin be a good replacement? Does the scalp itch and produce dandruff when you apply Tricomin?

I want and need to have some regrow, here are some of my pics (taken today).

I also started Propecia today.

Would you recommend Rogaine anyways? Or both?

and last one, how do you manage to go out, after applying that product in your head? I heard you need to stay in your house after applying it because hair looks weird and dirty. I see through some regimens here, and some guys apply like 2 or 3 different products every day, that's like 4 or 5 topicals you apply in your head. What is the secret? Or do you work from home? Really guys, I don't know how do you manage 4 or 5 applications every day, and continue your daily "outdoors" routine. Any advices are appreciated.

NO FLASH:
noflash4ha.jpg

FLASH (I look like sh*t here, arghhhhhhh :evil: I think I need to order some Toppik :evil: )

flash6wq.jpg

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Rogaine will dry in less than 1 hour, and it usually only takes me about 30 minutes. I wait about 10 minutes after applying the Rogaine, then I apply the Tricomin. Really, everything is done after 1 hour.

Rogaine does put some flakes on your head, but they usually go away after some time. Use a quality shampoo, like Nizoral, or T/Gel, and you'll be fine. It works.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you definitely need to get into rogaine. it works better in areas with some hair left. so you are a good candidate. use nizoral. it will help with dandruff and grows some hair on its own.

G

First, thanks Aplunk1 and techprof :)

Second, I have two more questions:

1_do you apply the minoxidil with your fingers and massage your scalp?

2_when you apply the topicals, how many hours you wait before you wash your hair with shampoo?

Cheers.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good guy, you are welcome. massaging does not improve the efficiency. a slight rub is enough as long as you get minoxidil to the scalp.
you can wash after 4 hours.
for the AM application I was after 1 hour durng week days.
you can get dr. Lee's minoxidil wihch dries in 5 minutes.
(http://www.xandrox.com).

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I apply the minoxidil to my my hair, then I only massage it into the hairline. The rest sits on my scalp until it absorbs.

It's generally recommended you wait about 4 hours until you wash your hair or go swimming. Although, if you must, you can do it after about 1-2, when most of it is absorbed.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the rate and amount of absorption peaks at 90% alcohol content. So if you use Dr. Lee's minoxidil you can wash off faster (in one hour) as more minoxidil is absorbed because of higher alcohol content in his minoxidil.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you are welcome goodguy. how is your crown? good luck