Rogaine Once A Day Results!

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
a year for rogaine? You obviously know nothing.Rogaine is ment to work within 4 months.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're trying to regrow hair, you have to give anything a year before you can determine how well it worked. This is because of the way hair grows in phases.

And the hostility is unnecessary.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not being hostile.Im just sick of people giving advice when they dont know sh*t.It gets annoying when you get 5 different answers from 5 different people.

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Toyboy said:
Im not being hostile.Im just sick of people giving advice when they dont know s***.It gets annoying when you get 5 different answers from 5 different people.

I understand your frustations, but what you have to realise is nobody on here are medical professionals (at least to my knowledge) - and you shouldn't rely too heavily on their advice/opinons.

Most of the advice given on here is totally subjective and based ONLY on that individuals personal experience. With regards to timeframes meds are supposed to work, your best off relying on the information provided on the products 'official' website - and not the constantly fluctuating opinions given by individuals on here.

I also suggest you read the 'sticky' threads attached to each subforum on here. There is some really good and useful information to be found in each one.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Im thinking maybe because use it once a day it may take longer to get the full benefit as someone who used it twice a day?

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone who know has had some expirience with minoxidil once daily let me know.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For what its worth, I'm now doing minoxidil on a wet scalp. I don't care if I get sides I've been doing it for the past 3 weeks, twice a day so I will report in the future if I get better results. I was previously on it for 1 1/2 years on a dry scalp with decent results in the beginning but I haven't had any regrowth in the past year just maintenance so we will see.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Toyboy I cant help but notice the vast majority of your posts are trying to prove or heavily promoting the fact that Rogaine Foam once a day gets great results. Im just wondering why this is? What is your motive for trying to convince us so often?

I would love to use Foam once a day. Twice a day sucks!!! But im to scared to try it :(

Bottom line is i need more proof or a study to back up your claim that once a day is just as good and i will happily change, as it will save me time, money and effort in the future :)

JWM

Reaction score
I think it depends on how severe your hairloss is. If you have agressive male pattern baldness then you need to be agressive with treatments and twice a day should be the way to go.

Personally, I have been treatment male pattern baldness for over ten years now (uisng finasteride and minoxidil and other things) and I have found no difference between twice daily applications and once daily.

Because I have diffuse loss in the front I generally use 2 ml of Kirkland minoxidil at night followed by Folligen and this works good for me.

Good luck guys.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Toyboy I cant help but notice the vast majority of your posts are trying to prove or heavily promoting the fact that Rogaine Foam once a day gets great results. Im just wondering why this is? What is your motive for trying to convince us so often?

I would love to use Foam once a day. Twice a day sucks!!! But im to scared to try it :(

Bottom line is i need more proof or a study to back up your claim that once a day is just as good and i will happily change, as it will save me time, money and effort in the future :)
Why would i proove anything to you? use it 5 times a day.As for rogaine foam i have never even tried it.So get your facts straight.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
I think it depends on how severe your hairloss is. If you have agressive male pattern baldness then you need to be agressive with treatments and twice a day should be the way to go.

Personally, I have been treatment male pattern baldness for over ten years now (uisng finasteride and minoxidil and other things) and I have found no difference between twice daily applications and once daily.

Because I have diffuse loss in the front I generally use 2 ml of Kirkland minoxidil at night followed by Folligen and this works good for me.

Good luck guys.
My only problem i have found is that if i use more then 1ml once a day my face gets bloated looking and i f*****g hate it.

JWM

Reaction score
Then maybe 1 ml once a day is the best you can hope for right now. Have you thought about other treatments to help with growth? Tricomin maybe?

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent heard anything good about tricomin.I was thinking of buying some 2% minoxidil and mixing it with some 5% minoxidil.If i mised half 2% with half 5% what percentage would that be? so i can atleast use 1.5 to 2ml with no water retention.Becuase 1ml is not enouth to cover my diffuse thinning.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
metalheaddude said:

Why would i proove anything to you? use it 5 times a day.As for rogaine foam i have never even tried it.So get your facts straight.

Toyboy your a total tool. For a start minoxidil is is minoxidil whether it be Rogaine Foam, liquid Rogaine or Kirkland or whatever. You are claiming that once a day applications gets results, I was meerly asking you in a polite way if there was any studies to back up your claim, because i would love to switch to once a day applications. But you go getting all aggressive.The instructions on all minoxidil regardless on which one you use is TWICE A DAY applications. You have zero proof aside from your own experiences (which is probably greatly exagerrated anyway) I suggest anyone reading this thread not listen to toyboy (unless of course you want your Rogaine hair to start falling out) listen to an experienced minoxidil user in me. Follow the instructions given on the bottle, they are there for a reason! I have great results with twice a day as instructed and i would NEVER jepordize that by switching to once a day which is a total bone headed idea. (At least for now).

JWM

Reaction score
Metalhead

I'm not on anyone's side here, but after years of minoxidil use, even Dr. Lee himself said its ok to drop down to once a day to maintain the results you got.

I've been using minoxidil for close to ten years and I never noticed a difference between once a day and twice. I think twice a day just works a bit faster, but once a day 'may' get you there in the long run.

My advice to Toyboy is if he hates the bloated look, try this:

-use 1 ml in the a.m.

-in the p.m. use the 2% minoxidil (it dries quicker) wait an hour until completely dry, then apply Revivogen. See if that doesn't help a little more.

Take care fellas.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
JWM said:
Metalhead

I'm not on anyone's side here, but after years of minoxidil use, even Dr. Lee himself said its ok to drop down to once a day to maintain the results you got.

I've been using minoxidil for close to ten years and I never noticed a difference between once a day and twice. I think twice a day just works a bit faster, but once a day 'may' get you there in the long run.

Well i agree with you in part. There may be some merit to once a day applications, but only after you have been using it a long time and have gained some good results by twice a day applications. I think we could maybe switch to once a day applications just to maintain what we gained. I hate applying it twice a day, I really do. I would love to switch to once a day applications but im fairly happy with the current condition of my hair and im just not confident enough to risk it at the moment. I go through 2 bottles of Rogaine Foam a month, so its not cheap :shock:

I guess I wont switch to once a day until i see a study or a few more hairlosstalk veteran minoxidil users say there is no problem with this. Im certainly not convinced by toyboys dribble.