Rogaine Liquid Vs. Kirkland Liquid, What's Your Experience?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There's been threads on this in past years but I'm interested if any current characters here have used both and exactly what your experience has been. I've been using Rogaine liquid for almost 2 years and very happy with it, except the price. Kirkland is of course the generic version and much much cheaper. Most comments on the subject on the internet say that they work the same, but then there are a decent number of comments that say the Kirkland is itchier, greasier, and not as effective. I know the listed ingredients are the same, but I've been told by a medical source I trust that the generic version of minoxidil, and finasteride for that matter (and maybe many drugs), while almost the same, are actually not quite as good... how so I'm not sure. Perhaps the cost and quality of the ingredients, care put into prep. Anyway I'm curious. If you have used both these products, have you found them to be identical, or not?

Not interested in the foam, just the Kirkland liquid vs. the Rogaine liquid. If you've used both (not just one but both), what was your experience?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Minoxidil liquid kirkland 1x day 1ml for like 1 month and half for hairline and all over the top.

I have many small hairs growing, I'm responding very well to this treatment I starting see my NW1 again :)

But not everyone respond to the Minoxidil.

Sorry if don't help you, because I never used the original Minoxidil, I do not know the difference between kirkland and Rogaine.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sure its helpful, thanks! At least it's evidence that it works. :D Congrats on the minoxidil success.

Kirkland is really much cheaper than Rogaine.

Amazing that you can cover your hairline and all over the top with only 1ml. I use 2 ml just on the hairline, and another 2 ml on the top. I also do it only 1x day.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure its helpful, thanks! At least it's evidence that it works. :D Congrats on the minoxidil success.

Kirkland is really much cheaper than Rogaine.

Amazing that you can cover your hairline and all over the top with only 1ml. I use 2 ml just on the hairline, and another 2 ml on the top. I also do it only 1x day.
Yeah bro, I put water all over the top and massage and after I put Minoxidil, with damp scalp is better for me.

A damp scalp is more easy to put 1ml all over the head then a dry scalp, but I have short hair too so this helps.

Kirkland is cheap like a hell ;)

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its good that youre getting such a good response using so little. youre using 1/4 the recommended amount per day!

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alright seems that no one can compare them, so i ordered some kirkland liquid and rogaine liquid and will do myself and report back sometime :cool:

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any
alright seems that no one can compare them, so i ordered some kirkland liquid and rogaine liquid and will do myself and report back sometime :cool:
Any update? I'm thinking of ordering Kirkland next time as the regaine is twice the price. That would allow me to get back on finasteride as well for a relatively low total.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regaine is less greasy then the Kirkland but i find it does dry out the scalp more.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regaine is less greasy then the Kirkland but i find it does dry out the scalp more.
What I might do is get the kirkland and use at night, use the regaine in the morning. That would cut the cost down.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any

Any update? I'm thinking of ordering Kirkland next time as the regaine is twice the price. That would allow me to get back on finasteride as well for a relatively low total.

Yeah, I've been using it for a while and I think the Kirkland is fine. However I do also use some Rogaine name brand just in case! 75% Kirkland, 25% Rogaine. That's worked well.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been using it for a while and I think the Kirkland is fine. However I do also use some Rogaine name brand just in case! 75% Kirkland, 25% Rogaine. That's worked well.
Thanks for the reply. Do you find the kirkland greasy? If it is I might use regaine in the morning, kirkland at night. Do you think that would be good or do you think the kirkland is fine to use all the time? Also, I like the spray bottle with regaine. Could this be used for kirkland? I know it comes with a dropper. I haven't used that before so maybe it's fine. Trying to maximise the ease of use as I'm sure you are too. Can't believe I'm actually using this twice a day. Something I thought I would never do. Needs must. :)

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you find the kirkland greasy? If it is I might use regaine in the morning, kirkland at night. Do you think that would be good or do you think the kirkland is fine to use all the time? Also, I like the spray bottle with regaine. Could this be used for kirkland? I know it comes with a dropper. I haven't used that before so maybe it's fine. Trying to maximise the ease of use as I'm sure you are too. Can't believe I'm actually using this twice a day. Something I thought I would never do. Needs must. :)

Yeah I soppose it could be described as greasy, it doesnt dry right away for sure. But I can't say that its any more or less greasy than the regular Rogaine liquid, it seems similar to me. Sounds like its greasier than the Regaine though (which I've never used).

I imagine the spray bottle would be possible but dont know... ? Fortunately Kirkland (bought directly from Costco, at least) is very cheap so you could buy and experiment on all these questions. :D

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I soppose it could be described as greasy, it doesnt dry right away for sure. But I can't say that its any more or less greasy than the regular Rogaine liquid, it seems similar to me. Sounds like its greasier than the Regaine though (which I've never used).

I imagine the spray bottle would be possible but dont know... ? Fortunately Kirkland (bought directly from Costco, at least) is very cheap so you could buy and experiment on all these questions. :D
Regaine is just the brand name for Europe. It's the same as Rogaine. Yes I can experiment. Might buy 3 months' worth and see how it goes. Don't have Costco over here man.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regaine is just the brand name for Europe. It's the same as Rogaine. Yes I can experiment. Might buy 3 months' worth and see how it goes. Don't have Costco over here man.

you can get it on amazon and also ebay
you probably know that already though :D

i think youll find that its basically the same stuff.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
No reason to think Kirkland isn't legit. Its sold everywhere and probably outsells Brand name since it's so much cheaper too. Plenty of us have had positve results with kirland