Rogaine...how much to apply (1ml on where)

Some1

Reaction score
Today I've started using Rogaine 5%. My vertex doesn't look bad (for now), but I cannot say the same thing for my front and sides. (I'm 3, Norwood Scale)

anyways, my question is how much to use Rogaine.
Shall I use all of the 1ml (the recommended amount) on the vertex and then another 1ml on the front and sides OR shall I use 1ml for all of them?

Thank you

Some1

Reaction score
But since the suggested application area is just the vertex, anywhere else will be extra. That's why I thought for other areas of the scalp, additional Rogaine shall be used.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I apply 1ml to the affected area, in my case being the front and sides.

I also put a few drops in the vertex even though it is in good shape, because Dr Lee suggested it.

Put the minoxidil on the affected area. That's Gardener's stand.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil has a non-localized effect, meaning once absorbed at the application point it produces an equal effect to the surrounding tissues. This effect is why some women grow facial hair while applying minoxidil in their scalps.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I follow a pretty simple rule. I apply it to where you want the hair to grow back stronger.

For me thats the entire top of my head since I am a NW2 with some diffuse thinning. It takes about 1.5ml to cover the top of my head.

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I personally use 1mL on the VERTEX and then .5 to .75 anywhere else i feel like i'm losing my hair. But ofcourse the VERTEX is my biggest problem

G

Same here, 1ml for the vertex like the instructions say and about 0.25 - 0.5 for all the other places that the particular god I pray too has decided the steal hair from.