Rogaine Headache?

hurricom

Reaction score
Started Rogaine yesterday, and it gave me an unusual headache the entire day. Anyone else experienced this?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hurricom said:
Started Rogaine yesterday, and it gave me an unusual headache the entire day. Anyone else experienced this?

Headaches is one of the potential negative side effects one can experience w/ Rogaine.

I'm prone to headaches and migraines anyway - so when I do have one I'll stay away from the minoxidil.

If you applied to a wet scalp - try on a dry scalp instead; or cut the dosage down to 1/2 ml.

Some who get headaches from minoxidil opt for the 2% formula instead of the 5%.

hurricom

Reaction score
thanks / another question

Thanks. I'm just wondering, since Rogaine has a 30% success rate and propecia has a 83% success rate, should I just drop rogaine and get on propecia. I'm just looking to maintain the hair I have.

Thanks in advance.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: thanks / another question

hurricom said:
Thanks. I'm just wondering, since Rogaine has a 30% success rate and propecia has a 83% success rate, should I just drop rogaine and get on propecia. I'm just looking to maintain the hair I have.

Thanks in advance.

Yea - if you're looking for maintenance and even perhaps a little regrowth (don't know your situation) propecia comes highly recommended.

You can also look into trricomin therapy spray (copper peptides) and nizoral shampoo.

mgmt

Reaction score
I've be taking minoxidil on and off for years have started to notice mild headaches recently. I never noticed this before, but I've recently made the switch to foam. And I've been a little more religous about applying after my morning shower, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Either way, they're nothing significant and usually subside within a 1/2 hour or so. Hopefully they're not dangerous in some way?