Rogaine Foam

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After reading through many threads where people say the foam is not nearly as effective as the solution I was just wondering how much foam the people who had bad results used per day.

I have found that to cover my entire head I have to use AT LEAST twice the reccomended dosage of foam. If you are using the recommended dose and have a decent amount of hair I doubt enough of the product is getting to your scalp. I use a can of foam ~ every 13 days

I have had (and continue to) have great results from foam/Propecia/nizoral. My big growth spurt started approx 2 months after switching from liquid Rogaine to foam.

I also used rogaine ( 2% with tretinoin) by itself back in the 90's with not much luck. I used to pay $60 bottle in 1995 so ~$30 a month for the foam is a bargain today

http://s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc340/mikeb5555/

wheresbaldo

Reaction score
Perfect timing...I was just about make a thread about this. Ok, so basically I have the horseshoe pattern but no major bald spots...just a lot of diffusing. I've been using Rogaine foam twice a day since August 20th and I can seriously say I've noticed a big improvement. I use it the front and back, regardless of what the bottle says...it really does work everywhere. I'm seeing new hairs pop up at my hairline everyday...it's really crazy! I'm 22, so maybe it works better at my age (been balding for 4 years now) but I definitely wouldn't keep buying this product if I knew it wasn't working.

I keep my head shaved really short, so my scalp absorbs all of the Rogaine...that might be why I'm having such great results. I know a lot of you want to keep that hair, but that might be slowing down the absorption. I'll post pictures in a few months of my progress but I think it's safe to say that the foam works wonders. I can't stand the liquid, that's what repelled me from wanting to use any topical treatments, it was just too greasy and weird to me. Also, for the people who wonder if the can really does last a month, well...it does for a person with a shaved head like myself but I really can't speak for others with a whole bunch of hair. Anyways, this is just some food for thought...I get my Rogaine at Sams Club (4 month supply for $50!).

BTW, great results HT55!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it definitly works at the hairline becasue every couple weeks I have to pluck about a dozen hairs that are growing in front of my hairline as it makes the hairline look thinner.

My hair is fairly short all the time and I shave the sides to a #2 or #3 and still have to use 2 cans a month. Decent price on the foam but if you are patient you can get it for about $10 bottle buying a 12 month supply on Ebay plus I'd rather not buy products like rogaine in person, lol

JWM

Reaction score
I found the best results I got with the foam was when I applied it to a hydrated scalp (increased absorption) so this would ring true with both your theories.

I found applying to damp hair was ideal for diffuse thinners.