Rogaine foam or Kirkland

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pricing up the next 12 month supply of minoxidil. Is there any difference in quality between Rogaine and Kirkland? I'm not willing to continue paying for my 7% solution so it's come down to either Rogaine foam 5% or Kirkland signature 5% liquid. I can get the Kirkland stuff at less than half the price of the Rogaine so I'm considering going for it.

...comments please? :)

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read mixed reviews for both products. Some claim that foam is not as effective as liquid and others claim the opposite is true :dunno:

I know it has been asked before but if anyone feels like they want to chime in I would be interested to hear your thoughts comparing the two products as well..

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks... yeah I'd be inclined to get the Rogaine foam because it's more well known and more people seem to stick by it for its effectiveness. However, at less than half the price, the Kirkland is looking mighty attractive - I mean, it's still the same stuff isn't it?

...it's not as though the minoxidil in it is fake or any less potent is it??

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The foam absorbs much better than the liquid. I have had GREAT results with the foam. I picked up a 12 mont supply on EBAY for $101 shipped or about 8.50 month

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting you say that it absorbs much better than the liquid. I have NO experience with the liquid but have read that some of the complaints with the foam is that it seems to dissipate very quickly where as some like the fact that the liquid kind of soaks in your head for a while..

Personally I think the foam is nice to apply especially since I buzz my hair right down. But I definately find that sometimes the foam seems to either absorb really quickly somedays and other days I have to rub it around alot to get it in.