Rogaine foam making my hair worse! Help!

jools182

Reaction score
Hi

I have been using rogaine foam for around 6 months now, and not seen any improvement at all

In the last couple of months I have noticed my once thin hair is now extremely thin, to the point of being able to see my shiny scalp under it :(

I am at a loss what to do, I am sure the foam isn't helping one bit, so do I just give up with it?

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
I used liquid for almost four years changed to foam and it made me lose loads of hair with no signs of regrowth. I ended up quitting and going back to liquid.

My advice would be to quit before it's too late. There are some who say the stuff is great, but if you do a search for old posts about rogaine foam over on HLH you will see many of them also say it caused them great hair loss.

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hej man!

I'm in the same situation! :)
7 months Minoxidil Kirkland (only on my temples), and the only thing I have seen is more thinning !!!

Hope this gets better over time :)

I have heard that this is the so called "dead shed". All weak hairs come out and should be replaced over time.

Aj6543

Reaction score
Its been five months for me on the foam and no chanage at all, except that I shed the very weak hairs. And those hairs have not come back yet.

Can people provide us with encouragement?

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
Have y'all all included finasteride into your regimen?

Some people get very bad dandruff which certainly can affect results. Other things that can interfere include minoxidil making scalp too dry, only once a day or inconsistent applications, and lack of an anti-dht agent. Are y'all washing your hair every day as well? It's a common myth that washing your hair every day makes your hair fall out. Rogaine works far better with a nice clean scalp. Get some nizoral certainly, great affects when both are combined.

Some people have stories just like y'all and then they add nizoral and finasteride and burst with hair.

shocktop311

Established Member
Reaction score
You might have initially experienced the rogaine shed followed by the later finasteride shed. Do you have any new vellus hairs? I waited to start rogaine 6 months after starting finasteride. Ive been on rogaine for a month and a half. I've lost density for sure but have many vellus hairs coming in.

Yes, I'm from the south.