Rogaine foam issue.

DoubleDown

Reaction score
I started on liquid minoxidil 5% and Nizoral 1% back in october full bore. I had been using it about a year before but was using it sparingly and going off of it in the summer time.

I noticed no shed, i had the rogaine headaches you get from it, and the occasional reddness.

I stopped using nizoral back in december.

I switched to foam in march, and I am expierencing much more shed than normal, I do not have the headaches, and i have much less hair now than I did back when i was using it near fall of last year.

Am I doing something wrong?

I get in the shower, shampoo with whatever i have (still no nizoral) usually just a botanical style shampoo. I get out, towel dry. I apply the foam to my fingers (little more than a capful) and rub it in over my entire top of my scalp area for full coverage. It dries pretty quick and my hair feels rather sitff and rather thick. I style it a bit and then go on my merry way.

Should I ride this out? Am I applying it wrong? Do I go back to the liquid?.

I already ordered MSM, 90 pills of Finpecia, and 2% nizoral from online today.

Really need some help here, I am about 24 hours away from taking my hair down toa 1/16th of an inch shaved look.

G

you're not supposed to use "a little more than a capful" per application, you're supposed to use half a capful.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I have a large head and my thinning is in the complete horseshoe pattern so I use about that much per application.

DoubleDown

Reaction score
this doesnt answer my question.

The headaches, I don't get them anymore, and i am still shedding 3 months after *switching* to foam but still 8 months of solid minoxidil use.

Is something wrong, and should i go back to liquid?

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I would advice you to stick with the foam but to put less and to start Proscar pills divided in 5.

Propecia/finpecia is way too expensive.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in here... your supposed to use "half a cap full" for the vertex only. Since I put the foam mostly on the front, the sides and a little bit in the back... I end up using a little more than a capful too.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
doubledown, I would recommend that you stay the course. The foam should turn out to be better then then the liquid with less systematic absorbtion yet better results. Keep it up, IMO.