Rogaine Foam: Greatest thing since sliced bread

Reaction score
Simply Amazing. It dries in seconds and smells just like shaving cream. I recommend this to all minoxidil users, even people who use Dr. Lee's. If you use minoxidil, use the foam.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I second it.
And it is cheaper than Lee's.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Yep, great stuff - superior in every regard.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info YoungandBalding.

1) I want to ask you if you think this stuff could work and be as effective as Original Rogaine, because people talk on how easy to apply this stuff is, but there are no results yet. Sorry to ask, but what make you guys think that this stuff will work as good as Rogaine?

2) How long do you need to let it dry according to Foam prospect? 1 hour? 2 hours? I would like to know what the prospect says, because I could not find any info on the foam site. Orginal Rogaine says 4-5 hours.

3) And how long is your hair? Because mine is 2 inches long and I don't think a foam will reach my scalp easily and a lot of the foam will stay in my hair. I think original liquid formula ftis better for me, but I could be wrong.

Greetings.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
How long do you guys think before they start coming out with generic foams so we can start saving some money? :lol:

p.s. I saw a new Rogaine foam commercial this morning while I was working out. Looked pretty cool even though the "model" had pretty good hair to me... :hairy:

hopeandpray

Reaction score
Problem with Foam

I use Rogaine for the front of my head, has worked pretty good for several years as I still have hair there. The oil rogaine was able to get in between these hairs that I have. Tried the foam last night, just got all over my hair that I have and I'd say, 5% found it's way to my scalp. The stuff seems fine, I just can't get it under the hairs I currently have.

I_Hate_DHT

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Problem with Foam

hopeandpray said:
I use Rogaine for the front of my head, has worked pretty good for several years as I still have hair there. The oil rogaine was able to get in between these hairs that I have. Tried the foam last night, just got all over my hair that I have and I'd say, 5% found it's way to my scalp. The stuff seems fine, I just can't get it under the hairs I currently have.

Exactly! That's why I think Original Roagine is still a better choice for most with at least 1 inch long hair.

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam is good for people that have specific bald spots to apply it to, but for diffuse thinners and people that have a full head of hair; it would be a pain in the a**; best to stick with the liquid version.

Reaction score
I am not sure how long to let it dry before taking a shower, but probably do not need to wait longer than a couple hours as this stuff dries quick (minoxidil is all absorbed really quick I think).

My hair is fairly short (a bit more than 1 inch), but I use rogaine only at the hairline, so the application is very easy. If you have to get it where the hair is already really dense, then I see where the foam would be a pain in the neck, because it gets all over your hair. In this case, the liquid is probably better.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How about waiting for results first before declaring minoxidil foam the greatest thing since sliced bread. :lol:

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree it is great. I just apply it to the hairline and temples and it's so easy. I put it on when I'm getting ready for work and by the time I put a shirt on it's already dried. I always worried about putting the liquid on when I went to bed because I'm a big tosser and turner and I was afraid that it would all rub off. Now I literally put it on before I go to bed and it's dry when I lay down. Plus my scalp doesn't feel as irritated or as itchy anymore. I just hope it's as effective as the liquid because now I'm spoiled and I can't go back to.