rogaine foam gets liquidy

mttgold

Reaction score
hey... so it appears that after 2 weeks on any can of foam, it starts to run and get more liquidy. I've been applying the liquid to my head so as not to waste the stuff. its a little frustrating cause the liquid makes the hair harder than when i began using the can and it was just foam. i wanted to know if it was okay to use the liquid, that it had the same effect. and has anyone else experienced this? when the foam turns to liquid i tend to start a new can, and use the liquid one just at night.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This has happened to 2 of my cans so far, both times it went back to normal after a couple of applications, I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I gave the can 1 short shake both times, I also just used the liquid until it became foamy again.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
aqua said:
you can try storing the foam in the fridge,thats what i did

Yeah, I've noticed if you can keep it in a cool place it will maintain a thick consistency for the majority of a time

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Just do a quick shake before hand and make sure the can is upside down before dispensing.

gambit420

Reaction score
Yeah, It's all temperature related. During the winter I never had a problem. Now when I use it on a warm day it comes out liquidy.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
gambit420 said:
Yeah, It's all temperature related. During the winter I never had a problem. Now when I use it on a warm day it comes out liquidy.
Ditto that. Also I would think the fridge is too cold. I like when it gets more liquidy. Makes applying it to the scalp easier vs getting stuck in your hair.