Rogaine Foam: Friend or Foe?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been using the foam since the end of November and I must say I like it alot. The thing that puzzles me is that it gives you a false sense of security. It's easy to apply and supposedly yields better results than the liquid BUT, did you ever notice when you dont use it on a particular day b/c either you ran out or didnt have time to do it your hair appears totally different? Amazing. I really think there is a grooming agent that gives you the appearance of fuller hair and more body. When it's not in ur hair, the hair is fly away and doesnt appear as full. Did anyone ever notice this?

Thanks for responding.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as strange as it might sound i have noticed thatand my hair is buzzed

pavel

Reaction score
That's good to hear, because I remember reading something about the foam making your hair look thicker.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed this too, it's pretty much the same effect you'd get from a standard hair mousse I think.

Packers

Established Member
Reaction score
Just started using the foam so I don't know if that's true or not. But, if it is, it's all the more reason to keep using it and not skip any days!

inktomei

Reaction score
I only use it once a day (at night) so I don't know. But it comforts me knowing that I go to bed everynight with my hair appearing thicker... :lol:

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed exactly the same thing but my my hair was limp before I started the foam so it's most certainly still a friend of mine.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So do you think the "money" ingredient is some sort of mousse like agent to temporarily expand the hair shaft, thus creating an "illusion" of fullness? That's what I am deducing from this conversation.

Also, do you guys have trouble getting the foam in between existing hairs. I apply it in areas that are notr bald but mild thinning, for instance, the forlock. I have to massage it in there so that it gets to the scalp. Please share.

Thanks

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
So do you think the "money" ingredient is some sort of mousse like agent to temporarily expand the hair shaft, thus creating an "illusion" of fullness? That's what I am deducing from this conversation.

I've found that it's definately one of the pros in the early stages, I'd imagine that whatever promotes the terminal regrowth is ultimately the 'money' ingredient.

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I generally wear my hair down, and without any product. (I don't like the look of gel, and my hair is too long for that anyway).

Should I get the liquid, or the foam? I think if the foam acts sort of like regular mousse, I wouldn't want to use it, as I wouldn't want it to interfere with the natural way my hair is.

On the other hand, I could just try my best to apply it directly to the scalp and rub it in (absorption is apparently better with the Foam, more success rate).

Llyrian

Reaction score
I really wouldnt be afraid to use the foam. Its soooo much easier than the liquid. The liquid has a habit of running down your scalp, and you lose a lot that way. The foam is much easier to directly apply to the scalp. Longer hair can be tough, but just take the time to part the hair and get it down in there.

I really think foam was a huge improvement to Rogaine. Application wise, effectiveness wise, and cosmetically. There is less run off loss, quicker application, and faster drying.

If youre worried about the look of your hair, the liquid leaves your hair looking much more greasy.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my hair is long also and putting on regular liquid mixnoidil is a b**ch. My hair is still in very good shape besides being about a norwood two. I apply it around all the hairline and temples. Even with hair about an inch and a half long, i always worr if im getting sufficient coverage.

Would foam be even harder to apply?

It sucks when you use minoxidil becuae I know I can only let my hair get so long before the extreme difficulty of application drives me completely crazy.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Phillip said:
Sometimes my hair is long also and putting on regular liquid mixnoidil is a b****. My hair is still in very good shape besides being about a norwood two. I apply it around all the hairline and temples. Even with hair about an inch and a half long, i always worr if im getting sufficient coverage.

Would foam be even harder to apply?

It sucks when you use minoxidil becuae I know I can only let my hair get so long before the extreme difficulty of application drives me completely crazy.

I also have a full head of hair with an NW2 at worst, my hair is roughly 5-6 inches all over and I still find it easy to apply, I put it in exactly the same places as you.

Cassin

Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
I have been using the foam since the end of November and I must say I like it alot. The thing that puzzles me is that it gives you a false sense of security. It's easy to apply and supposedly yields better results than the liquid BUT, did you ever notice when you dont use it on a particular day b/c either you ran out or didnt have time to do it your hair appears totally different? Amazing. I really think there is a grooming agent that gives you the appearance of fuller hair and more body. When it's not in ur hair, the hair is fly away and doesnt appear as full. Did anyone ever notice this?

Thanks for responding.

People say the same thing about rogaine liquid.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it works like a hair gel to me. Yes it does make my hair LOOK thicker.

aqua

Reaction score
what on earth are you talking about? it makes my hair looks really bad!!!
that is why i use it only once a day, i am amberased leaving home looking like that!