Rogaine foam detailed survey

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
This survey is pretty interesting and offers lots of detail.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... SGDBTABLE=

Looks like the foam works forthright after 2 months on people who weren't on minoxidil before.
People who switched from minoxidil to foam had to wait longer before getting results.

Also people using both fina and foam look to have better results.

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
interesting question

One of the questions on this survey I found interesting was

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards?

I have definately noticed this. When I brush my hair after applying the foam (and letting it dry) a heap of hairs are pulled out. I think this is because the hair kind of tangles and sticks together a bit.

Think of it this way. I reckon I lose at least 5 hairs from the crown each day as a result of brushing the tangled hair after applying the foam. This means that I lose almost 2000 hairs a year from just the crown area due to minoxidil. Unless minoxidil grows more than 2000 hairs around my crown which would have otherwise not grown, than it probably is not helping much.

Sometimes I use the blow dryer on my hair for 20secs or so before I brush to break up the hair which has become stuck together as a rsult of the foam. I think this helps a bit.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
regards to hair tangling, I noticed this with DNC. however, i also noticed that after using different shampoos, basicly ones that really softened and or cleaned my hair very well, the DNC would not stiffen my hair as much.

Maybe this insight can help you somehow, maybe, this is just a guess..

the softer your hair is, the less stiff it gets due to minoxidil.

Now dont ask me if this method is safe for your hair,

shampoos i use are, nissim, H&S, nizoral, loreal thinning for men.

when i used loreal, the DNC would totally tangle my hair for example.