ROGAINE Foam Application TIP

rick055

Reaction score
Instead of putting the foam into my hand, I now dispense it into the cap the foam comes with. IMO, this has two distinct advantages:

1. It insures consistent, measured dosing, and;

2. There's less of a chance of the foam melting OR abosrbing on your palm. All I do is make sure that my application fingers are cold and dry.

This will be known as the "Rick Method" of Rogaine Foam application and you are all now obligated to send me a quarter every time you use it or any variation thereof. My attorneys say they are serious. :D

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
This will be known as the "Rick Method" of Rogaine Foam application and you are all now obligated to send me a quarter every time you use it or any variation thereof. My attorneys say they are serious.

I’m sorry to inform you that Cassin was already using this method well before you posted, and he’s not charging a cent.

So you and your attorneys better be careful.

And don’t be surprised if one day you can’t sign-in.

http://www.ic3.gov

rick055

Reaction score
ugly_and_balding said:
Um, don't the directions that come with the foam tell you to use the cap?

Not that I saw. It says "half a capful", but I had been guessing at that amount by free dispensing in my hand. As it turned out, I was dispensing more than half a capful.

rick055

Reaction score
Strat54 said:
This will be known as the "Rick Method" of Rogaine Foam application and you are all now obligated to send me a quarter every time you use it or any variation thereof. My attorneys say they are serious.

I’m sorry to inform you that Cassin was already using this method well before you posted, and he’s not charging a cent.

So you and your attorneys better be careful.

And don’t be surprised if one day you can’t sign-in.

http://www.ic3.gov

Damn, there goes my fortune. I had hoped to retire. :)
(seems like an awfully serious reply to a joke)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I recommend applying directly to the scalp. I use an entire cap full of foam because I'm thinning in the entire horseshoe pattern and I used twice the recommened dosage before anyways. I find this way easier to apply evenly because you can control the amount that comes out of the bottle.

On a side note: Is it normal to be this a*** retentive like we are (myself included) on stuff like this?

rick055

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
I recommend applying directly to the scalp. I use an entire cap full of foam because I'm thinning in the entire horseshoe pattern and I used twice the recommened dosage before anyways. I find this way easier to apply evenly because you can control the amount that comes out of the bottle.

On a side note: Is it normal to be this a*** retentive like we are (myself included) on stuff like this?

Depends on the definition of "normal". I have OCD and I just can't help myself.

That actually sounds like a good idea if I could get good modulation on the volume dispensed. I am going to give that a try. Maybe we'll have to design an aftermarket applicator tip that would allow more precise dispensing (a la LOCTITE SuperGlue Control). LOL! :D