Rogaine foam and residue on scalp

iron-lion

Reaction score
hi all

I'm dark skinned and shave my head, when i apply rogaine foam it leaves a white residue. is there anyway to avoid this?

Omar

Reaction score
Yeah man, this is exactly what I have wanted to know about for months. I am brown and have shaven head as well. And yeah I also do get this white stuff on everywhere the foam touches. But I sort of wet the area after an hour, and apply some baby oil on the area. I am afraid of that this means that the foam will not be effective on me, as I wash it away. Please give some advice on this matter.

Omar

Reaction score
Yeah man, this is exactly what I have wanted to know about for months. I am brown and have shaven head as well. And yeah I also do get this white stuff on everywhere the foam touches. But I sort of wet the area after an hour, and apply some baby oil on the area. I am afraid of that this means that the foam will not be effective on me, as I wash it away. Please give some advice on this matter.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
THey say you shouldn't wash it way/mess with it for 4 hours so the rogaine can take effect.

juhis

Reaction score
i'm white as a ghost....BUT i only use the foam at nites. therefore in the morning when i take a shower there is not residue left. ultimate solution? only apply it once at nite?? :)