Rogaine Foam 3 months

Jm0311

Reaction score
So i have been on Rogaine foam for about 3 months...i think
Two bottles later. I am regretting getting on..this is horrible! i need some advice here guys
im thinking about getting off it.

I havent been on this site in awhile

Im still using

spironolactone cream
rogaine foam
nizoral

anyone can give me some hope? this sh*t doesnt seem like it works at all. just destroys your hairline.....help!!!

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
3 months... are you in a shed right now? I had a shed 2-3 months after adding min foam. Tough it out, it will look better. I'm on the North side of Chicago.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Im West Suburbs.

Yea about 3 months. little less then two cans. I might be in a shed. I dont notice hair coming out or anything. Just notice less and less hair in my right temple. Is there a REALLY good chance of it improving??????

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Foam helps me get rid of the tiny bald spot in my crown...it looks much better than it did 6 months ago.

bathtbgin

Reaction score
well those cans should last a month each, however depending on the area you decide to use it on that time could change. 2 to 2.5 bottles sounds around right for 3 months. Now the bad news is that if you read the directions you'll see that rogaine says its "only approved to regrow hair on the vertex". Meaning only expect it to work there and consider yourself lucky if it works anywhere else. Many people on the forum, myself include have had success with rogaine causing regrowth on our hairline and our temples, you may be one of those unlucky people who it will not work for. However i think for me it took at least 3 months for the shedding to stop and the growth to start kicking in. And to be fair i am also on propecia. If your problem is receding hairline your best chance for success is to get a prescription for that as well.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Thanks.

Im not too sure about propecia though. do you go through a bad hair phase with that too?

Yea spironolactone cream doesnt work worth squat though

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
Thanks.

Im not too sure about propecia though. do you go through a bad hair phase with that too?

Yea spironolactone cream doesnt work worth squat though

if i was you id use the big three and use them for a year religiously :)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
It has been clinically proven that it will, indeed, help your hair after a consistent usage after 6 months or so. So the odds are certainly in your favor. Keep it up, as your current experienced loss would probably have happened with or without your rogaine in your regimen. Stay with it and if your loss is that strong then, if you are not on, I suggest that you consider something to counter the DHT effecting your hairloss like propecia.

peterpaul_02

Reaction score
hey man

I really think you should try propecia. DHT is what is causing your hairloss...rogaine foam does nothing to prevent that. I went back in forth about buying propecia for a good while. There are some people with some down right horror stories on here. Not to discredit anyone's experience, but going off my own experience and the research I have done. I got to say give it a chance. The first few months for me were really hard with shedding and paraniod feelings...but

-Propecia is 80% effective on men
-People have been using Proscar (a larger dosage of propecia for prostate health since 1992) and no horrible stories have come out from those men. Thats almost 20 years.
-People have taken propecia since 1997.
- Id say do as much research as you can about it, cause obviously you are going to have certain experiences with it and you can know what to possibly expect if something arises. ie a side effect. (All side effects have been noted as ceases upon discontinued use of propecia.)

good luck

ps- stay on rogaine foam too...give it sometime. Also check out nizoral for your scalp. You need a healthly scalp for hair growth and maintanence.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
If you have male pattern baldness, you should do finasteride and minoxidil together. Together they have helped many. :)